FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · **Best Place to shoot in Santa Fe & Taos??*

ozmoses
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · **Best Place to shoot in Santa Fe & Taos??*

I'll be in Santa Fe and Taos from 2/8-2/11. Any tips on great spots this time of year for landscape shooting as well as architectural spots? Is Taos worth the extra time given my short stay? I also want to visit galleries to show my work.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2013 at 05:56 PM
yakiman

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · **Best Place to shoot in Santa Fe & Taos??*

Lucky you! I was there in 2010 and would go back in a heartbeat! I got up early and stayed out late. Good scenes were everywhere I turned. Taos is a must. Don't miss Taos Pueblo, Taos Plaza, Kit Carson Home and the cemetery where he is buried. Also near Taos is the Rio Grande Bridge and Rancho de Taos where Ansel Adams took pictures of the St. Francis de Asis Church. Too many places and too little time! Santa Fe is likewise fantastic but you already know that. Don't miss the St. Francis Cathedral and the exquisite Loretto Chapel. I went to Bandelier National Monument and Ghost Ranch and Abiquiu. Seriously, you have your work cut out for you! My best advice is to buy every guidebook you can find and plan your days completely. Or you can relax and enjoy the Plaza and the many restaurants. (The rooftop bar at the La Fonda is spectacular!) Sorry for being long winded. If you want advice on where not to go send me an email. Here are some images to whet your appetite. Good luck! http://www.timhullphoto.com/Portfolio/Best-of-New-Mexico/13050969_jMpdz8#!i=970643556&k=BQ59fMG

Jan 30, 2013 at 07:10 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · **Best Place to shoot in Santa Fe & Taos??*

Visit Santuario de Chimayo in the village of Chimayo. It is on the "High Road to Taos" from Espanola. If you continue on that road, you should discover several old missions/churches that are very picturesque. Several pueblos in the area are worth visiting, especially the one with Tent Rocks NM. Ghost Ranch and Echo Amphitheatre are worth a view, and the Monastery in the Desert is worth driving the dirt road. There is also an Islamic Mosque in the neighborhood, with adjoining scenic rock formations. A day in Albuquerque is worthwhile, especially Old Town and its famous church, but also Petroglyph NM and Rio Grande Nature Center. There are numerous churches/missions all over the region, plus lots of wilderness areas (closer to Route 550 than I-25).

I could go on, since NM has plenty of history and scenic areas to keep you busy for a long time.

Jan 30, 2013 at 07:57 PM
ozmoses
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · **Best Place to shoot in Santa Fe & Taos??*

Thanks Guys. I'll definitely look into some of these spaces.

Feb 07, 2013 at 10:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.