Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon Service - Melville

Dustoff06
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Service - Melville

Occasionally I’ll read a horror story here about Nikon Service. Here’s a good one, which I don’t see often.

My carry around 24-70 gets a lot of use; rain, snow, salt-water spray and yes, a few grains of sand. After four years the focus and zoom gradually lost the smooth action and they were starting to grind (ouch) a little. Sent the lens to Melville. They received it on the 24th and it was delivered back on the 30th. Required a “B2” service (whatever that is). Nikon replaced numerous rings, roller guides, seals, cleaned and recalibrated. Not just rubber rings, but the metal filter and rear mounting rings. I was expecting a bill since it was really normal wear and tear and not due to any defect. Pleasantly surprised at the “No Charge”.

Jan 30, 2013 at 07:53 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Service - Melville

Always good to hear positive things. It seems all you hear about on forums is when things go wrong.

Jan 30, 2013 at 09:05 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Service - Melville

Yawn. Let's hear more horror stories and about how CPS is better!!!

Totally kidding. This makes me feel a little better about Nikon, especially after all the bad stuff you hear.

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon Service - Melville

Cool to hear.

I for one have never had any problems with Nikon service. I'm not a NPS member and have always got my items back quick and fixed.

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
williamkazak
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon Service - Melville

Wow! A great feel good story, next to one hundred horror stories about current Nikon service.

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon Service - Melville

That is great! I bet there are 100s of great customer service experience with Nikon that never get told, but the bad ones are the ones that get posted.

Feb 02, 2013 at 05:10 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon Service - Melville

Good to hear

Feb 04, 2013 at 01:23 PM
mbower1

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon Service - Melville

Where do I send my Nikon D700 to get serviced. I live in Pennsylvania. thanks Michelle

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM
screwdriver
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon Service - Melville

i have a 85mm 2.8d pc lens that needs repair . i sent it to APS first thinking it will be better and cheaper - was quoted $1000 for a repair and my jaw dropped.
i then shipped it to nikon melville with my fingers crossed - and its better there where they repaired it for $220 bucks . turnaround time is 31/2 weeks though .

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password