Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Meet up with two new FM friends

dhb820
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Meet up with two new FM friends

Had a chance to meet two new FM friends Ed (teked) and Mike (Mike717). Ed and I went to Kent Falls CT and shot the frozen waterfalls for awhile and the next day we met up with Mike at Southford Falls CT and shot some more. It was great to meet two other photographers who enjoy getting out and capturing the beauty of nature. I was able to learn some new techniques from both Ed and Mike. Look forward to more meetings like this.

Den Blick

Kent Falls CT - frozen waterfall

Den Blick

Southford Falls CT - side view of waterfall

Jan 30, 2013 at 03:22 PM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #2 · Meet up with two new FM friends

Nice to hear some people in the FM community enjoy shooting together. Ive sent multiple messages to locals but havent had any luck with a meet up yet unfortunately.

As for your shots, I like the compositions but I feel like they could use more punch to take advantage of the depth you have captured. I also find the white balance a little to cool for my liking, but that is just my personal preference for how I would edit them. Im sure the scene was this cold though

Jan 30, 2013 at 03:31 PM
mike717
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Meet up with two new FM friends

A couple of nice ones Den. My jaw dropped on the first one, that doesn't even resemble the top of Kent that I know. It's been cold but man....

Mike

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM
teked
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Meet up with two new FM friends

Wow, that blue really showed up nicely in that first one, Den. Always wanted to visit a frozen waterfall. It was a pretty cool experience. If I had more time, would have liked to go back, and work on some close up shots. You got some real nice motion in the falls from Southford. Nice perspective. Might consider cropping out the man-made artifacts at the top. I think it would make it even better.

Had a great time both days. Look forward to another meetup. Will let you know when I get up there again. Best of luck with your course. Would really like to see some of your work from your projects.

Keep in touch, and don't sell the 'Vette'. You'll regret it.

Best Regards,
Ed

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
AMaji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Meet up with two new FM friends

I am glad you all had so much fun. Those are very nice images too.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password