Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

J4644
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

Hi everyone,

Just upgraded to CS6 and I need to get my Canon printer in the CS6 export list so I can print off the Canon printer. I have the printer in my OS X list, just not in the CS6 list to export. Can anyone give me the steps to accomplish this?

Thanks very much,

Jim

Jan 30, 2013 at 02:49 PM
PhillipAnthony
• •
p.1 #2 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

I'm using CS6 and I just select Print and from that dialog box I choose my printer. Do you not see that at the top of the dialog box?

I did nothing special with either Photoshop or Illustrator in this regard. Best of luck with this because nothing is more frustrating than not being able to print when you want to.

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #3 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

Hi Phillip,

With CS5 and my Canon printer, I go to file > export > ipf 6300. This exports the file to my printer and I print from there. With CS6 I do not have the Canon printer on the list to export to. This is what I need to know how to do.

Thanks,

Jim

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM
PhillipAnthony
• •
p.1 #4 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

I just had another thought - I would do an Update Software from the Apple menu and do the following:

1- Turn you printer(s) on and
2 - Select the Printer update

This will take a few minutes but it will install the latest printer drivers and this should help.

Again, best of luck.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM
PhillipAnthony
• •
p.1 #5 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

Ah, I missed your reply. Sorry for that.

Not to be a bone-head, but I have never exported a file to a printer to have it print a file. Why can't you just use the File / Print method? You need to enlighten me on this.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
PhillipAnthony
• •
p.1 #6 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

What Canon printer do you use, BTW?

I just ordered the Canon Pro-1 to replace my Epson R2400.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

Did you reinstall the plugin or move it to cs6?

Jan 31, 2013 at 02:05 AM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #8 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

Hi Phillip,

I have the ipf 6300 and the dealer that I purchased it from told me that it is best to have the Canon printer software do handle the printing instead of PS. So that is what I have been doing.

Thanks,

Jim

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #9 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

Hi Douglas,

I have not reinstalled the plug-in nor did I move it to CS6. This is why it is not showing up. But to backup a little here, which plug-in are you referring to? Is it the Canon software? If so, how do I move it to CS6?

Thanks,

Jim

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

I assume that if your printing from the export drop down that you are using the 16bit printer plugin for photoshop and not the regular printer driver. That being the case it would be in the plug-in folder in your previous install of Photoshop and you would simply move that into the CS6 plug-in folder, or just reinstall the plug-in making sure to install it to CS6.

Jan 31, 2013 at 05:16 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #11 · Getting Canon printer in CS6 export list

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the help. I finally solved the problems. Needed to download and install a number of drivers and some software from Adobe and Canon.

Jim

Feb 03, 2013 at 12:38 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password