Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Benjamin Munn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Does anyone know of stores near Sacramento California that rent long Canon Lens. Meadows/Wolf in Stockton used to have a 300mm F2.8 a while back but have since basically taken down their rental department. I have some upcoming shoots that require 300mm-400mm range. Thanks.

Ben

Aug 06, 2004 at 10:45 AM
maxx9photo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Calumet, SF?

Aug 06, 2004 at 12:58 PM
wfosterphoto
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Sacramento isn't exactly a hub for photographic equipment sales and rentals. Pardees in Carmichael rents whatever they have in their used inventory, but that's rarely anything exciting. If you desperately need a T90 for a shoot, they're your best bet, but 300-400 in EOS mount, forget it! It's possible they have a 2x Teleconverter in stock if you can get your hands on a 70-200.

I live in Folsom and don't think they're worth the 20 minute drive there (mostly because of their customer service and prices) but if I need something that's going to set me back some serious coin, I go online.

I think your best bet for rental is with Calumet in San Fran, like maxx9photo says. Your second stop might be with Adorama or someone who will ship a rental to you overnight. Last option would be to pick up a 2x teleconverter and put it on a 70-200 if you can live with it turning into f5.6 instead of 2.8.

Good Luck.

Aug 06, 2004 at 03:54 PM
Benjamin Munn
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Thanks for the replies. I am going to look into Calumet. I miss Meadows. 300mm F2.8 used to rent for $20 a day. Ahh the good ole days.

I have dealt a little with Pardees and know exactly what you are talking about. Hahaha the T90 reference about had me on the floor That store has a pretty serious elitiest attitude to it as well. Couple that with the fact that they sell most everything at suggested retail and you can see why most people avoid them. They do have some nice old cameras but $1050 for a 135mm F2.0 seems a little outside of reality.

Thanks again guys,

Ben

Aug 06, 2004 at 04:07 PM
Tuan Luong
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto also rents lenses:

http://www.kspphoto.com/activepages/rental.html

Just in case you could not find the lens in Calumet.

Tuan

Aug 06, 2004 at 04:56 PM
dnadrifter
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Keeble and Shuchat have a nice store....never been to Calumet. I am not adding much to the conversation here I realize....but wanted reminisce about Meadows. My parents got me my first SLR there and I wish it was still Meadows and not Wolf camera. There is also another non-chain camera shop on Pacific Ave. very close to "Meadows" in Stockton, but am not sure if they rent. I can't remember the name...sorry. It is a decent sized shop though. Don't know of any other places except for the ones mentioned already. Have you checked Roseville?

-Brian

Aug 06, 2004 at 11:10 PM
mrfozibear
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Try PhotoSource www.photosource.biz the owner is Michael Kallweit and they are located at 6346 Elvas Ave. 916-454-5499. Good rates.

Chris

Aug 06, 2004 at 11:35 PM
wfosterphoto
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lens Rental near Sacramento CA??

Now that you mention it, I have heard of Photosource. I was recently told about them by an old photojournalist I ran into on a job. He mentioned them for processing/printing, but didn't mention anything else about the store.

Guess I should stop by and check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Aug 07, 2004 at 01:19 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.