New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Animal eye correction

Nickyb21
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Animal eye correction

I can't seem to get it right for the life of me, every time I try to fix her green eye's, it come's out horrible and looks unnatural. Anyone have a quick fix, I can send originals but this is what I am talking about. Also the red eye fix didn't save but idc about that.

BTW- this is a picture of me and my dog, I RARELY get a photo with her so this is the best I could get with a third party shooting my camera. It's no where near good but it's good enough to keep as long as I can fix it. HELP!!!!

I can send originals but this is what I am talking about

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Animal eye correction

Eyes in small photo are easy to fake. For example in group shots where someone blinks I'll just cut / paste someone else's eyes in. Nobody has ever noticed.

Here you could just paint over the "green eye" with a black brush then add catch lights in the same position as yours so the context of the lighting clues match.

If the entire background context isn't important I'd also suggest cropping it tighter just above the sign on the back wall.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Animal eye correction

Many ways. You could use brushed. Another way is to select the eyes and lower the exposure. Then make some small sub-selections and raise he exposure to create small catchlights.

The problem is caused by a light source too close to the axis of the lens. It causes large reflections in cats and dogs and red-eye in humans. To avoid it, move the flash away from the lens, have the subjects look slightly off-axis, or perhaps bounce the flash off the ceiling.

Jan 30, 2013 at 01:39 AM
wapsijims

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Animal eye correction

I have the same problem when using a flash and try to avoid it. Sometimes you can't.
Here is an example (before and after) using the brush (in Lightroom) to fix the green eyes.
I decreased the brush exposure (-90) and shadow setting (-13) to get the eye dark. I had
to use the clone tool to fix the floor reflection after I darkened the eyes.

Belle before

Belle after

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Animal eye correction

A flash bracket will solve the retina reflection problem by raising the flash off the lens axis.

Jan 31, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Nickyb21
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Animal eye correction

Thanks guys, I think her eyes are just to much to fix to look normal. A slight green is one thing but I'm having a real hard time to make it look like WAPS eyes. Again this was just a quick shot that a third party captured on auto, I corrected the problem but there were no keepers as Zoey cant stay still lol

Feb 02, 2013 at 10:30 AM
beebibi
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Animal eye correction

Great Solutions, Auntie and Waps! Thanks....

Best, Bee

Feb 13, 2013 at 08:35 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.