Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pentax K-5 Info?

hoagie
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pentax K-5 Info?

Over the years, I have had probably 30-40 different DSLR bodies from the big 2 and even a couple of Sonys.

While I still hold my old D700 near and dear, I just recently picked up a Pentax K-5 with the Pentax 17-70 that continues to amaze me. It's a great, well-built little body with a ton of amazing features...I can't say enough about it. As a matter of fact my D300s is gathering some dust on the shelf!

Here's my problem...I can't find any aftermarket books that cover the K-5 like one can find for other bodies. Does anybody know of a source for books on that body? Any help appreciated.

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM
VaughnA

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pentax K-5 Info?

I'm not sure but have you checked pentaxforums? Great folks over there.

Oh, and get the FA31 and DA15...

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM
luke0622
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pentax K-5 Info?

I don't think you really need a book, the user interface is probably the simplest among all the DSLRs, I used to shoot Pentax strictly until a few years ago because they just don't have super tele for my line of work... Those Pentax DSLR bodies are really really weather sealed, I shot the K-7 or K-5 (could not recall) in the heavy rain without any rain covers for 3-4 hours straight... no problem what so ever...

Enjoy.

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM
hoagie
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pentax K-5 Info?

I have checked the pentaxforums with little success. I could download an ebook for about 15 bucks, but would like something more

Thanks for the replies.

Jan 30, 2013 at 01:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mawz
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pentax K-5 Info?

Those manuals are generally a Canon/Nikon thing only (some Sony's get them, nobody else really does). As a practical matter the Pentax manual is pretty good, try the PDML for any serious questions (WAY better than PentaxForums).

Jan 30, 2013 at 03:52 AM
thedruid
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pentax K-5 Info?

This guy writes good emanuals:

http://pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com/

Jan 30, 2013 at 01:06 PM
VaughnA

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pentax K-5 Info?

I believe that fro 95% of it a K7 book would work. They are very similar in controls and usage.

Green button and manual mode, what else do you need to know?

I miss my pentaxes. I went with a D300 a couple of years ago. I love the lens selection and AF but I miss the pentax primes and the feel of it.

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password