Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Voigtlander Voigtar Anastigmat f6.3

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Voigtlander Voigtar Anastigmat f6.3

Here's a Voigtlander Voigtar Anastigmat f6.3 on my Mamiya Auto Bellows N, with 5DII. The focal length is not marked on the lens. Online research suggests it's a 240mm lens, and the AOV is consistent with this. I get infinity focus at a register of about 94mm. It's definitely a telephoto design.

The first two example crops are at infinity (from the same image); 1/400 sec, f/11, ISO 800 on a 5DII with Mamiya M645 Auto Bellows N, hand held (bellows and all) with focus through the finder (not LiveView). I haven't done any PP to the image. I could easily punch it up, but it's actually pretty close to the view outside right now. The sun is just off-frame to the top left, and there's a fair amount of haze. You can see this by comparing the clarity of the first crop (centre frame, subject about 1.5km) and the second crop (lower right foreground, about 200m). Pretty good detail. Not bad, eh?

I'll do some 'real' scenic photos with it later, when the weather improves. Say, in June.

Jan 29, 2013 at 09:25 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Voigtlander Voigtar Anastigmat f6.3

There appears to be significant focus shift for close subjects. The second set of example crops are of a little doodad jar thingy, shown in full frame in the first photo of this set. The next two images show three panels each: the top left panel shows a 100% crop with lens wide open (f/6.3); top right panel shows 100% crop at f/16 (approx); and, the bottom panel shows the PS CS6 Navigator window, with a small red square to show the location of the 100% crops.

The first set of crops is at the point of focus (LiveView MF). The f/6.3 wide open image at the top right is noticeably sharper than the f/16 stopped-down image at the top left. OTOH, when looking further back, along the leftmost, top edge of the jar top, you can see that the f/16 image gets pretty sharp.

Jan 29, 2013 at 09:26 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Voigtlander Voigtar Anastigmat f6.3

Looks like it could be a fun setup Jim.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password