Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Ghost
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Hi ya,

Coupla updates from me.
Firstly, we had a website catastrophe last week while trying to update Wordpress. The upgrade button seemed so benign. But it totally toasted our site. Thank God for back-ups! Spent the time to rebuild it. Took the opportunity to redesign the website too. So please check it out and let me know what you think. I have a fragile heart. So be gentle.

Link: www.veritas-images.com

Secondly.... here's some recent family photography shoot.

It's not very wintery here in the Pac. North West. Meanwhile lots of my friends and relatives back east are enjoying frozen snot in Toronto, we're wandering through one of BC's rainforest this time of the year with this family just east of Vancouver.

Good thing the bears are sleeping this time of the year!

Edited on Jan 29, 2013 at 08:06 PM · View previous versions

Jan 29, 2013 at 08:03 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Continuing....

Jan 29, 2013 at 08:04 PM
exposedme
• •
p.1 #3 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Love the closeness of the family and how you captured them, lots of fun and very vivid colors.

Color seems off in a couple (5&6) magenta? Some questionable crops 6,10,11. Harsh light in a couple - 3&4.
Overall I really like them.

On another note does the photo portfolio functionality come built in with wordpress or is an add on of some type. I'm thinking about redoing my site using something like this since I haven't touched it in a few years.

Thanks for sharing.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Hey Alwin, bummer about the site, I do like the layout. On my machine, which admittedly is not the speediest, the front page took a good 8-10 seconds to load, which of course seemed really long. I'll clear my cache and try again at another time to see how it goes.

For the pictures, of course these make me feel right at home because of the environment, so I immediately like them. Here are some of my more detailed thoughts.

1 - Great intro. Love the wider setting here and I'm also a fan of the TS here.

2 - Good job with the light here. Tough to avoid spotty light in the trees, but you did very well.

3 - I'm guessing you used flash here? Light seemed a smidge hard for me, but not *too* bad.

4 - This one seemed a little harsh on the light as well.

5 - I love this perspective. Color balance seems a bit purpley.

6 - Again, I really like the perspective. Also like her expression. Seems kinda purpley like #5.

7 - Wonderful picture. Great moment, love the inclusion of the tree, too.

8 - Another great picture, Like how both parents are mimicking each other. Also the color balance in this one seems perfect to me.

9 - Another really nice one. For some reason, I like all the extra head space in this one.

11 - I love this one. I think it's my favorite of the set. I love all the moss. Seems a bit cool compared to say #8

12 - OK this one is tied for my favorite. Love the high trees, the great moment and the TS here.

13 - cool, almost has a bit of red riding hood feeling to it.

14 - Nice ending. Good light balance. Maybe a smidge cool again?

--David

Jan 30, 2013 at 03:47 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Just a few minutes to comment. Agree with all the good words so far. Here's a few things that could improve.

#3 - the blurred feet and stuff at the bottom.

#6 & # 11 - cut off feet - in #10, a hand.

#13 - not sure the trees on both sides is working all that well.

The bright sky of #10 & #14 might be better left out of the frame in favour of a darker all-green background of foliage. Even so, #14 is one of my fav's of this set.

Nice work.

Jan 30, 2013 at 06:07 AM

Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Thanks for checking it out guys!

@exposedme: The portfolio is a plugin. There are numerous plugin to show gallery of images. This one is called Lightbox.

@David: Wow! Thank you for your detail comments dude! Always appreciate them! I am concern with the slow load time for the front page. I've been getting some of my friends and families to test it out via tablets and phones too. It is a responsive design.

@Jim: Thanks for stopping by and for your thoughts on some of the compositions. For those that have follow some of my work, our family photography orient towards reportage. So alot of the images are shot in flight when the family members are just themselves doing their thing. We are not really into the standing around posed stuff. Regardless, it is not an excuse. So will keep those in mind.

Jan 30, 2013 at 04:45 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

neighbourboy wrote:
On my machine, which admittedly is not the speediest, the front page took a good 8-10 seconds to load, which of course seemed really long. I'll clear my cache and try again at another time to see how it goes.

--David

Hey Alwin, it was operator error. I tried again today and it came up super fast, within a second or so. I forgot that I had a VPN connected last night and that always slows things way down.

Jan 30, 2013 at 05:55 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • •
p.1 #8 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Overall I love these. You got some great connections and I miss the green scenery (I'm originally from WA state transplanted to AZ 15 years ago). Things that I think could be improved upon (generally speaking)...some of the crops (missing limbs, etc), and I think the editing is a little harsh, especially noticeable on the skin tones. But that is also a matter of preference.

Jan 30, 2013 at 08:50 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.1 #9 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

Nice pictures.

Jan 31, 2013 at 08:22 AM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Family Photography in the Pacific North West

@David: Whew! That's a relief. Otherwise I'd have to go all Angry Bird on the theme developer!

@Lisa: Hey thanks for dropping by. From lush rainforest of PNW to the dry lands of AZ huh. You should visit WA again! Appreciate your inputs above.

On a separate note.... I just discovered that our website is now on Page 1 on Google Search for "Vancouver Portrait Photographer"! Verified with different cookie-empty browsers and other folks on "Veritas-what Images?"
Just not sure about its real impacts yet. Our clients are mostly through word of mouth...

Jan 31, 2013 at 05:39 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password