Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Honest discussion:What gear do you really need for any job?

SweetMk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Honest discussion:What gear do you really need for any job?

mine is a little more self sustaining within its boundaries.
1- payment for services rendered
2- not collecting gear. sell what is not being used.

Who lives within boundaries these days? Heck, some of my cash for camera equipment costs I attribute to savings on hay purchased at the right price for my wife's horse!

You gotta do what you gotta do. I am getting close on justifying a 24mmf 2.8AF. Some of us enjoy camera ownership without selling images.

JMHO

Feb 03, 2013 at 09:13 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Honest discussion:What gear do you really need for any job?

I do.

you either have a use for an item or you don't. there is also a not so fine difference between "justify" and "rationalize"

there are a few things I do "think" I want. then there is that question will they get adequate use?

Feb 03, 2013 at 09:14 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Honest discussion:What gear do you really need for any job?

Just ordered a Samyang 14mm 2.8 to go with my D700 .. my only landscape lens

Feb 03, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Honest discussion:What gear do you really need for any job?

Popinvasion -- It sounds like you already know what you like. And it sounds like you have a pretty high quality kit already, just wanting a better body and maybe the 70-200/2.8. Is that right?

The rest is just fishing to see what other people would like.

You don't mention budget, so that let's everyone's dreams run wild.

In practical terms, if you are making money from photography, you should have good quality, reliable tools. You decide how committed you want/need to plunge to achieve that confidence.

Personally, at this point, I'm mostly stoked about the gear and doing/going to new subjects. If I'm being honest, I'm not pushing the creative envelope -- I've done enough and learned enough that outside of gear testing, it's pretty simple to "get the shot" and just occasionally learn a new trick. But I always like to refine the look closer to what I have in mind, and outside of lighting, its about color and resolution for me, and that hinges on the newer gear with "more everything". So my game is to work up the equipment food chain (on a budget).

If you are looking for advice: follow your heart. Buy the D800e, if that's what you want. Or different brands. Or Alt lenses. Or just keep it simple with a few premium pieces. You seem like a smart person.

Feb 04, 2013 at 03:12 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.