Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · CPS Canada members, a question

lowa2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CPS Canada members, a question

Hey guys/gals. I joined CPS last year to get the goodies and discounted service rates. So far, its paid off with a few pricey repairs. I'm also thinking of sending a few items for calibration like my 1.4x II which front focuses on my 2N.

A question though, as a CPS gold member, should I have received a few cleaning vouchers? I always hear our friends in the south (USA) say that they have all these cleaning vouchers and I never got any. I did get the shipping labels, and those have come in really handy.

Thanks,

Charles

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:21 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CPS Canada members, a question

I've been a Canon Canada CPS member for years and don't recall them ever providing cleaning vouchers.

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:29 AM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CPS Canada members, a question

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:31 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CPS Canada members, a question

Cleaning vouchers ? What do you need that for ?
CPS Canada members get something significantly more valuable than some piddly little cleaning vouchers: we get nice discounts on select (viz. upper echalon) new gear purchases.

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:39 AM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CPS Canada members, a question

I was just curious Peter :-)

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:42 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CPS Canada members, a question

lowa2 wrote:
I was just curious Peter :-)

Nothing wrong with that.
I just wanted to drive home a point that small issues like free cleaning should not obscure the fact that the Canadian program is significantly more generous than what the Yanks have.

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:50 AM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CPS Canada members, a question

Yeah I am perfectly happy with CPS. I just have a 1d2n sensor that i can't clean 100% (wet), so I was thinking of getting a look over by Canon.

Any idea on the cost? I'll call them tomorrow if not!

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:18 AM
gpchase
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · CPS Canada members, a question

Yup I value my Canadian CPS membership...with the membership pricing extended on these recent acquisitions I can afford the odd cleaning when needed .....CPS is a very worthwhile investment @ $100

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:22 AM
hnilsson
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · CPS Canada members, a question

No cleaning vouchers.

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:29 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · CPS Canada members, a question

hnilsson wrote:
No cleaning vouchers.

Yep. It's a US thing. Helps to take away the sting of not getting discounts on new gear in the US.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Methodical
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · CPS Canada members, a question

$%$^it. I want discounts, too. Maybe, I can go to Canada and purchase some gear.

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Vancouver47
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · CPS Canada members, a question

It's hard to understand why CPS Canada provides discounts and CPS doesn't, because Canon Canada is owned by Canon USA. Not that I'm complaining. The discounts are substantial.

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
mitesh
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · CPS Canada members, a question

PetKal wrote:
...echalon (sic)...

Peter, the correct spelling would be echelon. Perhaps you could use the money saved on those lenses to buy a dictionary

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · CPS Canada members, a question

lowa2 wrote:
Yeah I am perfectly happy with CPS. I just have a 1d2n sensor that i can't clean 100% (wet), so I was thinking of getting a look over by Canon.

Any idea on the cost? I'll call them tomorrow if not!

Hi Charles,

I just had my sensor cleaned and the focusing screen replaced on my 1D IIn by CPS Canada and it was a total of $32.

CPS Canada rocks!

Larry

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · CPS Canada members, a question

Nice Larry.

Canon Canada in general is a pleasure to work with - CPS goes the extra mile.

Oct 20, 2013 at 03:15 AM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · CPS Canada members, a question

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
Nice Larry.

Canon Canada in general is a pleasure to work with - CPS goes the extra mile.

Thanks Cliff, but it's not all roses.............sometimes the CPS discounts are more than a fiscally responsible father can bear..........mistakes are made, irrational purchases occur, etc. It becomes like Costco where you spend millions to save thousands. That's why I try to avoid the gear forums lest I become afflicted with G.A.S.

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:44 AM
3ntreri
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · CPS Canada members, a question

I'm a new CPS member and don't remember seeing anything about a discount... Is this only on the Canon estore? Email offers?

Nov 02, 2013 at 12:20 AM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · CPS Canada members, a question

Hi Dave,

You get an automatic discount on services performed by CPS. For equipment purchases, you have to provide your CPS number to authorized Canon dealers to obtain the discount. My experience is limited to Camera Canada but several other stores participate in the CPS discounts.

In fact, my CPS discounts have been extended to any future purchases from PetKal, an authorized Canon dealer in used gear.

Nov 02, 2013 at 12:42 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · CPS Canada members, a question

Hi 3,

The discount isn't at the eStore. It's at (or through) your local photo shop. The best way to do it is to walk in, all confident like, and ask to talk with the manager. Ask her to get you the CPS Canada price for the gear you want to buy. The figures might be at her fingertips, or she might have to ask Canon - should take a day or two, at the most. Sometimes, you'll get it from what's 'on the shelf' at the store. More often, it'll be shipped from CPS to the store. That's usually a week, maybe two if you're in Nanaimo.

For the shop, it's a sort of mixed-blessing. They get virtually no return on the transaction. OTOH, it's an excellent opportunity for you to get to know some important people in your local retail supply chain. These contacts can be incredibly useful to help you when you have 'problems' with the 'mothership' (i.e. Canon) - not that this would ever happen...

You have to appreciate that not all Canon products have CPS prices. Usually, it's the expensive gears that have the discount. For example, the 5DIII and 6D don't have CPS discount prices (last time I checked). OTOH, the 1DX and 500/4L IS II do. The initial-purchase CPS savings on the four "L" lenses in your profile would pay for your CPS membership for at least the next five years, maybe seven.

Also, you get super-fantastic value through the CPS service fixed-rate prices. That includes the stuffs that are covered by the 'discount' program, plus anything else that you can register in your CPS profile (including a 5DIII or 6D, for example).

Have you registered your gear profile at CPS Canada? It has to be registered before you can get the fixed-price repair rate.

As Joe Walsh says, "Welcome to the club".

Nov 02, 2013 at 12:49 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · CPS Canada members, a question

Anytime I need the CPS price, I just email Camera Canada and they email it to me. I don't think they would email me the whole list so I just ask for one or two at a time. Soon I'll have the whole price list Camera Canada still has the super deal on 1DX. They are selling it below the CPS price to everyone but if you are CPS you get a little bit more off even from that price. It comes very well lubed also

Nov 02, 2013 at 04:30 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password