Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Chad Bassman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

I'm using the easy digital free template as a starting point and made some minor tweeks. I'm looking for any and all advice you could give me as far as ways to make this better. Wondering about the cutout of him wrestling, it seems to be floating, any ideas on how to "ground" that image? If I slide it all the way down to the banner at the bottom the one wrestlers' hands is holding onto the banner but I didn't like the big space towards the top then.

Thanks for looking and any c/c you could give!

Chad

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:38 PM
drbob
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Chad...
my .02:
You're right, the cutout is not working. The two images kind of compete and don't create any design "balance". the refs arm coming out of nothing on the left side doesn't work for me either. Perhaps the left image as a faded part of the background??

My preference would be for both text banners to be either angled or straight... not one of each.

bb

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:52 PM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Thanks bb appreciate your response and will try your suggestions later this afternoon and repost.

Jan 28, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Chad....also check the distance of your text from the edge of the poster. If this is going to be framed....it appears that it's a bit too close where it may be concealed by the frame.

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gtjohnson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Chad,

I'm not a fan of the vertical lettering for the school name and mascot.

Your main image is oriented landscape while your poster is portrait, so you're going to have some space to fill top and bottom using that. Will it work if you rotate the entire poster to landscape or does it need to stay this way?

I really like Bob's idea of using the faded left image as a large background, but I think that's too slender to fill the space properly too (not to mention what do you do with the ref's arm if you center that image).

Is this the only one you're creating or are you doing other team members as well?

Gary

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:56 PM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Thanks Frank very good point indeed and something I wouldn't have thought of.

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:57 PM
Mark Peters
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Another thing to consider. I prefer that subjects are "looking into the poster not out of it. Both the left most image and the bulldog graphic are "looking out". This leads the viewers eyes outside of the image rather than inviting them in.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wrestling poster help... love, hate, or in between?

Mark - thank you for the input, makes sense, and should be an easy rule to remember now! Processing some baby pictures that I promised the family for tomorrow so the stuff I like to work on will have to wait

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:34 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password