Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

shaneroper
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

A few from another game on Thursday..If you want set up details let me know and I will post them.. Thanks for looking...
Shane

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:25 AM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

Last 5...

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

shaneroper 2013

Edited on Jan 28, 2013 at 01:58 PM · View previous versions

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:28 AM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

The Blue team is the #1 team in the state in the private school division for 3AAA..

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:30 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

Great shots, great action! Sharp, well exposed and all that.

As a photographer, I find the strong shadows somewhat distracting, but I also admit that is a personal preference. As a parent, I would be very excited about these images and probably not even notice the shadows.

Thanks for posting.

Paul

Jan 28, 2013 at 04:56 AM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

This is just for comparison of what a parent gets...

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

Paul, thanks for the comment and I understand your comment about the shadows.. I shoot for MAXPREPS and we do not have control over this as this is what they require. I posted the picture above to show what parents get as opposed to what we get and sale..

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM
danmc
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

RE: "If you want set up details let me know and I will post them." ... of course this board wants exif info and setup details...
I like the hard direct lighting, sometimes there are shadows on faces but still has impact.

Jan 28, 2013 at 01:47 PM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

I use two AB 800 about 5 feet past the baseline and about 7 feet outside the sideline on a 13 ft stand. I set them to full power and bounce to the top of the key using to Cyber Synch's to trigger the flash.

For this gym, I think I was at ISO 400-500, 1/250 F4.5 using D3S and a 70-200vr2.

I normally take a frame prior to using the flash to try and get a black image..so if I didn't have the strobes on then the above settings take using the ambient light would result in an almost black frame.

I know some don't like the flash look..I was once like that..but once I used it..you never want to go back and not to mention it's really nice not having to worry about color shifts and WB as much..I don't mind shooting it for college as having a higher frame rate at ISO 2000-3200 isn't that bad as long as you don't have a bad color shift.
Let me know if you have any other questions there are probably others who do this a lot better and some who shoot direct more than bounce...

Shane

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:08 PM
James Broome
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

These are good. Great color.

The horizon on 8 is way off, though. It looks as though you used the lines in the back wall for alignment, but I'm guessing a better guide would have been the black steel bars on the bleachers or the side of the backboard (if it's in the uncropped version).

EDIT: A-HA! I went back and looked through these. The reason the lines in the wall don't work is that the wall isn't straight. It tapers in. Look at image #1 to see what I mean.

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:50 PM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · HS Basketball-Collegiate @ Pinewood-Varsity Boys

Nice lighting and action.

Jeff

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password