Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

kewlcanon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

Overpriced but...he wants one .

http://vimeo.com/58263312

Jan 28, 2013 at 01:19 AM
snapsy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

Thanks for the link. I always make time to watch his reviews.

Jan 28, 2013 at 01:57 AM
godfather
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

I agree with snapsy... I always enjoy his reviews!

I also really enjoyed "The Ticket" behind the scenes.

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:50 AM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

Nice video review. Hardly understood a word. Video is Greek to me. It's a feature I wish I didn't have to pay for on my dslr.

Jan 28, 2013 at 03:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

snapsy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

NCAndy wrote:
Nice video review. Hardly understood a word. Video is Greek to me. It's a feature I wish I didn't have to pay for on my dslr.

DSLR video has diverted a bit of R&D attention and budget, but it also increased sales and profit of the 5DM2, funding future R&D, some of which hopefully lands on the photography side of things

Jan 28, 2013 at 04:28 AM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

Really good video review. That guy seems like a cool dude and produces nice high quality video reviews and commentaries on gear and cinematography. I check out his blog every week.

Regarding the 1DC:

I obviously MUCH rather have Canon make a 30MP 1DXS! I just talked to the local cinematography gear rental house to see if they were gonna get some 1DC's and the owner said no basically because its a tough camera to work with professionally due to limited media, battery, monitoring and audio solutions. Basically its a pain to shoot to CF cards and have to rely on the Canon battery for battery power. There is a reason RED switched to SSD's.

The 1DC is a great camera to use for shooting stock video by single users where sound and production considerations are not an issue and its nice resolution/IQ and portability are a real asset.

Jan 29, 2013 at 08:40 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Philip Bloom on 1DC

snapsy wrote:
DSLR video has diverted a bit of R&D attention and budget, but it also increased sales and profit of the 5DM2, funding future R&D, some of which hopefully lands on the photography side of things

+1

Plus, it's had a hand in improving LV and AF. It would be hard to have gotten the tech developments still shooters love now without developing the video features as well. But some people were/are happier with earlier pre-video gear. I seldom use the DSLR video, but I'm glad it's there when needed.

kewlcanon -- Thanks! I have him on my YouTube subscriptions. Great stuff and well produced. He really shows the direction of Canon imaging development. As some complain about still and the value of the Nikon stills imaging, Philip gives an idea of the larger picture and marriage of video to stills as a fact of life (and future developments). I know most of us are primarily interested in stills, but the benefits gleaned from video is becoming more and more pronounced. All reasons that I retain high hopes for Canon's future products being revolutionary and innovative across platforms.

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:57 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password