Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · HS Wrestling

acoll123
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Wrestling

First time shooting wrestling and I was surprised by the single spotlight on the mat in an otherwise dark gym. Also, one team forfeited to the other because they are both going to state. They did however, allow a few of the younger kids to wrestle as an exhibition. Since it was so dark, I went with the 50/1.2 and a relatively low SS. The low shutter speed bit me on a few shots but overall, I received a lot of compliments on them and wanted to know what this group thought.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

Andy

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:56 PM
acoll123
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Wrestling

a few more . . .

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:57 PM
FMarquart
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Wrestling

I think you win the award - "I shoot in a cave!" I know it was fun to wrestle with the one light (we did in HS), but never thought back then what a pain it would be for the photographer...!

Frank

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:28 PM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Wrestling

Wow...different and good....I love the first shot.

Jan 27, 2013 at 09:34 PM
Widgic
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Wrestling

I love the effects and I think the single light source give the shots a dramatic effect that makes a sport that can be hard to shoot more interesting. When I first look at them (without reading your text) I thought it was done on purpose with a single strobe.

I would play a little more with the post to add more drama and cut down on the blown out areas.

Denis
www.widgic.com

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.