Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Buy and Sell question

rprouty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Buy and Sell question

I see a lot of for sale items stating that the buyer pays for the insurance when the item is shipped. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that the seller should be responsible for insuring the item and is responsible for the item until the buyer receives it but I may be wrong.

Jan 27, 2013 at 09:47 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Buy and Sell question

You are indeed correct, sir. Some time back there was a lengthy discussion about this and the larger view was Seller pays for insurance because it is seller who must initiate the claim. Beats me why they do that.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM
mitesh
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Buy and Sell question

Also, if the item is damaged in transit, the buyer has recourse through Paypal to recoup the purchase price. If the seller did not insure the item(s), then he or she is SOL. Based on that alone, for me, as a seller, insurance is never an optional "add-on".

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Buy and Sell question

Bingo, Mitesh.... +1

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Buy and Sell question

It's true about what mitesh said. Many sellers either here or on eBay aren't aware of this. Sellers just want to make the overall cost appear cheaper.

I almost never ship anything without insurance. When buyers use Paypal, I have a special care for the package--making sure that it's fully covered and that it'll have signature confirmation for anything over $250.

However, recently, there was one time that I ship the package out without insurance. Buyer made some negotiation. Since he's paying by something other than Paypal, we negotiated to the point that I would ship with no insurance at the great reduced shipping cost, but I explained him that I wouldn't take any responsibility if the package was lost or damaged. He agreed and just asked me to pack carefully.

I guess it all depends on how both party make agreement. But, if the payment is by Paypal, I wouldn't take any risk as a shipper.

Jan 29, 2013 at 09:28 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Buy and Sell question

Totally agree I will always pay for the insurance it's my protection with PP for one. But why should the buyer be responsible for the item to arrive safe and sound. I also find many of these people are charging top dollar for the item.

Feb 03, 2013 at 01:23 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password