Upload & Sell: Off
1) Depends on the bug. Dragons, damsels, butterflies, flies are normally a bit more skittish and i approach them slowly. Beetles are a bit more indifferent and are easily approachable. Some species of dragons (the darters) do tend to come back to the same spot when disturbed.
2) I only shoot freehand. I find carring a tripod around to cumbersome
4) I usually shoot at f/11, 1/160s 400 iso and flash.
6) Just look for flowers with loads of pollen/nectar. The campanulla on my balcony attracks alot of bees/hoverflies. So does the coreopsis. Linaria vulgaris seems populair with bees aswell.
7) mainly manual flash for me.