Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Another Senior

kwhitt

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another Senior

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

First guy senior I've shot.

Thanks for looking

Jan 27, 2013 at 04:41 PM
GarrettNunn

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another Senior

I like 6 the most. Look out for the dangling fingers in 4 and 5. It's not very masculine and doesn't add much to the photos. Try making a gentle fist out of it. Not like "white-knuckle rage fists" but just a loose one. It'll look better on him.

Jan 27, 2013 at 04:45 PM
CRFTony
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another Senior

Very nice. The only one I don't like is #2. The pose makes him look really heavy/chunky. I think it's partly because we lose his chin in the flat lighting and it just sort of blobs into his neck. But the squatting pose also pops his legs out and makes his thighs look huge. Compare #2 to photo #3. Similar pose but the light gives definition to his face and having him angled slightly (not square to camera) removes the "chubby" effect. Also, watch your highlights as I'm pretty sure they're blown on 3 and 6.

Guys are hard but you did a really nice job!

Jan 27, 2013 at 04:51 PM
ButterflySis
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Another Senior

I like #6 the best. Agree with GarrettNunn about 4 and 5 (which I think are identical pictures) and with CRFTony on #2.

I'm also not fond of the processing on the others. They look either too green or too yellow, for me. I would like #1 if you could see his whole face. On #3 he's a bit too blown out.

Jan 27, 2013 at 05:27 PM

GarrettNunn

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Another Senior

Thanks! I think a lot of these are so close to being great. The exposure is great on all these, just look out for the more feminine posing techniques and be especially careful with squatting. Make it more of a crouch so that it looks more like crouching but not "dropping off some timber." (Sorry for the borderline content here) God forbid you saw some of my first work!

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:11 PM
ButterflySis
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Another Senior

GarrettNunn wrote:
God forbid you saw some of my first work!

Mine, too, . I often say, "What was I thinking?!" Even now, sometimes!

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:35 PM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Another Senior

GarrettNunn wrote:
I like 6 the most. Look out for the dangling fingers in 4 and 5. It's not very masculine and doesn't add much to the photos. Try making a gentle fist out of it. Not like "white-knuckle rage fists" but just a loose one. It'll look better on him.

These are exactly my thoughts when I scrolled past the last shot. #6 is fantastic.

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:49 PM
CRFTony
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Another Senior

The dangling fingers don't bother me too much. It's definitely something you might want to watch out for in the future, but don't toss out that shot either. His expression makes that pic a perfect "mom shot" and she's not going to be concerned that his hand looks a little effeminate.

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:37 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password