Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

capo99
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

This is my first image post here. Some Jr "B" hockey with the D600 and 70-200 2.8 VRII. I just switched over from Sony and I'm really enjoying the Nikon gear.

Edit-up sized the images.

Spence1 by Cappo99, on Flickr

Lerv5 by Cappo99, on Flickr

Joel4 by Cappo99, on Flickr

Joel3 by Cappo99, on Flickr

Chris by Cappo99, on Flickr

Kyle2 by Cappo99, on Flickr

Spence8 by Cappo99, on Flickr

Spence9 by Cappo99, on Flickr

Matt Brady by Cappo99, on Flickr

Edited on Jan 27, 2013 at 09:13 PM · View previous versions

Jan 27, 2013 at 06:54 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

Now take this with a grain of salt, since I have never shot hockey.

Good timing, and a good eye for action.

They all seem a little underexposed to me, although WB seems good.

Some could do with tighter cropping.

My faves are 1 and 9 (do I see the puck in the goalies glove in 1?)

Thanks for sharing!

Paul

Jan 27, 2013 at 05:53 PM
capo99
• •
p.1 #3 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

No problem Paul. I think they are a little under exposed as well. Cameras still new to me and I have a bad habit of under exposing because the Sony a77 I had couldn't handle anything over ISO 500 so part of my compensation was to under expose and try and play with it in LR. I have to admit I do like my hockey shots a little under exposed though.

I made the files larger as well, brightens them up a bit.

Yes you do see the puck going into the net in #1. It was a goal off of the goalies glove and fortunately for me it was my kid that scored

Cam

Jan 27, 2013 at 09:21 PM
terrat
• •
p.1 #4 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

I think your photos are great.

I think it might just be this site preference here to have the ice and board surround "paper white", when in reality it is not. As well, there is little to no noise in your web images which far surpass mine. (I shoot Junior B in a dungeon arena at 3200 ISO @ 1/400 sec tops at f/3 through glass.) As well, I thought your skin colours were more true to life and brighter than mine for sure.

Not a criticism of this site to point out a preference that is different from reality, I hope?

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:27 AM
shaneroper
• • •
p.1 #5 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

Nice images especially if shot at ambient...what were your settings..I was really thinking about a D600 to go with the D3S.

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

capo99
• •
p.1 #6 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

Thanks Terrat...sometimes it comes down to personal choice.

Shane,

Settings are different from rink to rink. I shoot in manual at A=2.8 to 4, S =1/500 and ISO runs 1600-2500. So far the rinks I've been shooting in are fairly well lit. I was using custom WB, but in my mind I was getting better results with AWB. Most of the rinks use the sodium vapor lights and they can be unpredictable from shot to shot. I don't know why, but that's been my experience. Lastly I do PP in LR4 and apply a little reduction.

Jan 28, 2013 at 05:06 AM
jamez
• •
p.1 #7 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

Had to double take on #2; I thought it was Stamkos!

Jan 30, 2013 at 04:08 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

Cappo....realizing you are a new member...I just want to point out that if someone gives you C&C on an image, it's not an accepted practice to make the adjustments to the images in your first post. The proper method would be to make the adjustment and repost them below the originals because many members here don't look at all of the responses plus they can do a comparison to the first ones....and as an example....if I didn't read your response that you made an adjustment making them larger and brighter.....my comments would have been they didn't look underexposed as Paul mentioned.

Just something to consider moving forward.

Jan 30, 2013 at 06:39 PM
capo99
• •
p.1 #9 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

Thanks Frank will keep it in mind. For clarification the only change to the images was size. No other editing from original post.

Cam

Feb 05, 2013 at 07:34 AM
poolek

p.1 #10 · Jr "B" Hockey First Image Post

Good looking images, thanks for sharing!

Feb 05, 2013 at 10:32 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password