Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

jcbenner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

I am looking for a photo backpack with a few MOLLE compatible attachments so I can configure the backpack for what I am doing on a specific day; pouches, flashlight, water bottle holsters, 2-way radio, phone, etc. All the stuff you do not want packed in your photo backpack all the time, and want easy access to on long day hikes.

Many non-photo backpacks use the MOLLE system, a non-proprietary attachment system, originally developed for the military, but I have found few photo backpacks that have MOLLE compatible webbing sewn into the exterior sides (a feature which would cost next to nothing to provide on a backpack).

The F-Stop Loka has a few MOLLE attachments and the Dakine Reload looks to have a few. Any others?

The F-Stop Loka is reportedly of excellent quality but is a bit larger (37L) than I want for a general use backpack that is used on day-hikes and looks more like what I would want on multi-day hikes.

The Dakine Reload is a bit of a mystery, as I have never seen Dakine photo backpacks not have I heard of anyone using them.

Anybody have experience with these bags or know of other options? Thanks.

Edited on Jan 26, 2013 at 04:31 PM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2013 at 02:17 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

yep I know I have 2 fstop packs (loka/satori). there seems to be a resistance to an open sort of attachment system in the marketplace. they are as am I not interested into turning them into tactical products and covering them in MOLLE

for the most part too much is weight added.

Jan 26, 2013 at 03:02 PM
Rogue416

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

I just ordered this: https://www.goruckgear.com/Gear/Details/GR1
It has the MOLLE webbing that you are looking for, even on the shoulder straps. Seeing that it is not a photo backpack, I also ordered: http://trekpak.com/products/product-category/rollipak/ so I can create my own photo pack. This may not be the route you want to go, but it is a alternative. A couple things if you do, you will need to sew in the Velcro around the perimeter of the ruck, they said the sticky Velcro will not stick to the ruck material for very long; and they do not do custom sewing - I asked. The second thing is that you would need to order the 72" Rollipak as the ruck is ~57" around the perimeter.

Hope this helps,

Trent

Jan 26, 2013 at 03:03 PM
argonaut
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

The latest Gura Gear backpacks have them too.

Jan 26, 2013 at 08:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcbenner
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

argonaut wrote:
The latest Gura Gear backpacks have them too.

Sure enough. Thanks. The 26L Bataflae looks like what I need.

Jan 26, 2013 at 08:24 PM
cglatzer

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

fstopgear mountain series http://fstopgear.com/product/mountain

Chas www.shootthelight.com

Jan 29, 2013 at 08:15 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photo Backpack with MOLLE attachments?

I have a Satori EXP, and pretty much stuff it to capcacity with a D800, 14-24mm, 70-200mm f4 VR, 50mm 1.4 G, mic, and a few video things. Just keep in mind that the bag might seem too big, but when you load it full of your gear --- don't be surprised if you stuff it to capacity. :-)

Jan 30, 2013 at 06:10 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password