Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Here's what lens to buy.

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Here's what lens to buy.

Still relevant.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/356712

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM
KibblesNbitz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Here's what lens to buy.

Haha YES! God, I just want to say exactly that every time I see a post like that. I might start posting that in various forums with credit and link to the OP when I see someone that fits that profile

Jan 26, 2013 at 07:03 AM
TTee

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Here's what lens to buy.

Thanks for the link and yes, still relevant.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Here's what lens to buy.

Eh, I agree with less than half of the OP at that link.

Some of it is pure bullocks IMHO.

As just one example: "the replies you get from a bunch of strangers, each with their own agenda, is not going to help you at all." is mostly bullocks! Especially here at FM with so many having so much experience. No matter what stage you're at advice from others is incredibly helpful - and the better you can explain your condition the better the advice will be.

Another example: "If you have to ask this question, buy the cheapest damn lens you can get." is also total and complete bullocks! Riiight, give beginners cheap low performance, poor or low IQ lenses so they will love photography and want to get into it more. WTF? Put down that crack pipe bro!

So just with these two the paraphrase is: "Don't listen to others and buy junk!"

And then of course because he has basically no foundation for many of his ideas and hasn't really thought it through he has to rely the tired old car parable.

and so on...

Nah, I'm not buying any today, I already have a large supply of fertilizer, thank you.

Jan 26, 2013 at 02:05 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Here's what lens to buy.

Buy the equipment you need at the current time. If there is a move to FF on the near horizon, temper your decision.

It helps for you to know what type of images you wish to make before shopping for gear. Hmmmm, you have no idea of your most frequent/likely focal length, where you will be shooting under what light, landscapes, people, etc. Now you get to buy all of the latest and greatest toys, and when it does not work for you, sell it to me.

Jan 26, 2013 at 03:09 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Here's what lens to buy.

Buying a cheap lens or three first might make sense for novices. It has been soooo long for some of us that it is hard to remember, but my first SLR camera had a 50/2 lens. It took a month or so to get a 70-200 zoom and a little longer for the 28/2.

Rentals are a really good way to test various lenses and bodies.

EBH

Jan 26, 2013 at 03:32 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password