Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

TAGfan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

I've been holding off on the current lens lineup because I'm waiting for this one. Thought it would be released in early 2013, but I haven't heard anything recently.

Anyone else up to speed?

Jan 25, 2013 at 07:45 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

Don't get too excited, it's not even late, yet. The Fuji lens roadmap shows the XF 23/1.4 R coming out in Feb/Mar 2013.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/xf_lens/roadmap/

The roadmap shows the XF 14/2.8 R coming out in October 2012. It looks like the 14/2.8 R be out soon, because I recently noticed one that sold on eBay, from a seller in Japan who is probably not bogus.

So, based on the XF 14/2.8 R schedule, the XF 23/1.4 R will probably be available this summer. OTOH, the XF 18-55/2.8-4 OIS has been available since last November (on schedule), so maybe the XF 23/1.4 R will be out in the spring.

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:19 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

TAGfan wrote:
I've been holding off on the current lens lineup because I'm waiting for this one. Thought it would be released in early 2013, but I haven't heard anything recently.

Anyone else up to speed?

If you follow this forum closely, you'll know that the only lenses worth using are Zeiss lenses. More people should be asking questions like "when are the X-mount Zeiss lenses going to be released?"

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:36 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

Didn't you forget about Leicas?

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

aj1986

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

I'll bet they don't want to cannibalize sales of the x100s. Once that has been out for a while, they'll probably release the 23mm

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:38 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

carstenw wrote:
Didn't you forget about Leicas?

They don't make lenses for the Fuji cameras, so the humor doesn't really work. Besides, the Zeiss thread has more views by a huge margin over practically every other thread on the Alt forum.

Jokes aside, I am a little surprised that nobody seems to be talking about the coming ZX (let's hope that's not the nomenclature they use) lenses. The XF 14mm is $900 and the ZX 12mm is supposedly $1000.

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:51 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #7 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

corposant wrote:
They don't make lenses for the Fuji cameras, so the humor doesn't really work. Besides, the Zeiss thread has more views by a huge margin over practically every other thread on the Alt forum.

Jokes aside, I am a little surprised that nobody seems to be talking about the coming ZX (let's hope that's not the nomenclature they use) lenses. The XF 14mm is $900 and the ZX 12mm is supposedly $1000.

As I recall at PhotoPlus, Zeiss suggested the new lenses in the Fui and NEX mounts were expected around June or July of 2013.

Rich

Edited on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM · View previous versions

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:55 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Where the heck is the Fuji 23 1.4?

aj1986 wrote:
I'll bet they don't want to cannibalize sales of the x100s. Once that has been out for a while, they'll probably release the 23mm

I think it's more likely that they're in competing divisions.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password