FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · D800 or D3s ?

Dpedraza
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D800 or D3s ?

Brandon Mizar wrote:
requires a new hand holding technique and takes forever when processing.

I disagree with a new hand holding technique. I shoot it just like I shot any other DSLR and my images are just fine. I do agree with it take a bit longer to process. even with my quad core mac the comp is like get this fat files out of here

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Brandon Mizar
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D800 or D3s ?

The D800 is way more sensitive to camera shake which requires a different technique. You can say it doesn't but for me it did before I was able to get sharper photos.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM
roland hale
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D800 or D3s ?

+1 D3s. No question.

Jan 30, 2013 at 01:27 PM
TSY87
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D800 or D3s ?

The d800 is not more sensitive to camera shake. I thought that myth was debunked a while ago.

The only way you will really notice the camera shake more is when you really crop down an image. Otherwise, normal shooting, its the same as any other camera.

Now for the OP, I went from a d3s to a d800... I had a d4 for about a month but sold it. Based on your needs a d3s sounds like the best solution. I've often thought about switching back to a d3s since as others have stated, my HD is pretty much full, like im actually in the market of buying more storage as we speak.

The d3s and d800 are really both amazing cameras but are amazing for different types of photography.

Jan 31, 2013 at 01:51 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D800 or D3s ?

TSY87 wrote:
The d3s and d800 are really both amazing cameras but are amazing for different types of photography.

As is the D4.

Jan 31, 2013 at 01:57 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D800 or D3s ?

robby521 wrote:
i do sports 85% of the time.

I don't need to read anything else. Buy the D3s. If you get a D800 and you're shooting sports, you're liable to scream and break things.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.