Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · should I upgrade to OM-D?

Ecooper

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · should I upgrade to OM-D?

Currently I use a Olympus e-620 which is a great camera, but the higher resolution of the OM-D and the video capability are sooo tempting. Plus, I used OM cameras for decades, so the retro styling is appealing. I mainly shoot close-up and macro, and use various vintage glass, bellows, etc.

Has anyone used both cameras? If so, is the upgrade worthwhile (in your opinion)? Any experience using the OM-D that you can pass on, especially for macro, would be very much appreciated.

EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

Jan 25, 2013 at 01:05 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · should I upgrade to OM-D?

Are you ready to change lenses? The OM-D is a fantastic camera, though to use your existing lenses, you'd need to also get the 4/3 to Micro 4/3 adapter, and most lenses won't autofocus as fast as they do on your E-620.

That said, the native Micro 4/3 lenses will autofocus blazingly fast, and are also very good lenses. Depending on what lenses you own already, some may be worth hanging on to to use with the OM-D and adapter.

The in-body IS is a whole new level of stabilization from Olympus' earlier IBIS systems...much more stable, in-viewfinder stability, etc.

If you click the WWW button on my post, my site has a lot of reviews of Micro 4/3 cameras and lenses, including the OM-D.

Jan 25, 2013 at 01:13 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.