Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Gave my website some love!

sigler
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Gave my website some love!

Hey Gang,

I just gave my website a little love. I would like some feedback...specifically the galleries section.

1. Does it load quickly?

2. Is the navigation easy, clean, and clear?

3. Are the images "worthy" of being featured?

Thanks for ANY input!

Rob

http://www.RobsPictures.com

Jan 24, 2013 at 07:21 PM
qburke

p.1 #2 · Gave my website some love!

I think it looks nice. Personally, I would put more photos in the slideshow on the front page (I counted 5). Visitors are most likely going to interact with that slideshow, and since you have their attention, take advantage to show off the best of the best. I think I have 18 on mine - I'm not sure what the magic number is, but I would guess it's greater than 5.

Jan 24, 2013 at 08:05 PM
david1234
• • •
p.1 #3 · Gave my website some love!

Agree with quinn, also anyone with a wide screen will get stretched photos, i struggled with that on my site, full screen or somewhere around 1200x. In the end i chose smaller.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #4 · Gave my website some love!

Thanks guys for the input. Not sure if the site will stretch photos. Did it look stretched on your screen?

Thanks!

Rob

Jan 25, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Gave my website some love!

First thing I noticed was for me at least it took 13 seconds for the first image to load. The blog loads really quick though.

BTW What are you using for the album ordering? That pretty cool.

On my monitor some of the slideshow images looked pixelated/oversharpened when on my widescreen. I'm at 1920x1080. When I put it onto my smaller one at 1280x1024 they looked good.

Jan 25, 2013 at 03:16 AM
MBMK
• • •
p.1 #6 · Gave my website some love!

sigler wrote:
Thanks guys for the input. Not sure if the site will stretch photos. Did it look stretched on your screen?

Thanks!

Rob

nope. not stretched at all. i am however looking at it on a 30" and the resolution is a bit larger than 1080p and some photos look a bit pixelerated. (stretched all way around)

Would you take one suggestion? I'd get rid of the ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ border on top and bottom.

Jan 25, 2013 at 03:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

swoop
• • •
p.1 #7 · Gave my website some love!

I thought the opening page was the only gallery. And your about reads more like a blog with your insights on a handful of photos. And comparing your life to a television show is kinda weird.... forever.

Jan 26, 2013 at 03:05 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Gave my website some love!

sigler wrote:
Hey Gang,

I just gave my website a little love. I would like some feedback...specifically the galleries section.

1. Does it load quickly?

2. Is the navigation easy, clean, and clear?

3. Are the images "worthy" of being featured?

Thanks for ANY input!

Rob

http://www.RobsPictures.com

I dig it. I love the layout. I just redid my site and it makes me want to tinker again. HAHAHA

It did load ok but still a tad slow. Not too bad and I am sure most brides would stick around to see whats there. What you need to do is make the opening page have a few more killer images. This will make the wait time worthwhile.

I like your gallery how you feature whole weddings and not just blog posts of the weddings. This is something we are working towards in 2013. Thanks for sharing.

O yea, that album stuff is killer. What is it? I need that for me.

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:28 PM
gnauer

Account locked
p.1 #9 · Gave my website some love!

Yes it's loads fast, and my computer is very slow when it comes to visiting new sites. The navigation is clear, and understandable.

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:03 AM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #10 · Gave my website some love!

Thanks everybody! The album order system is made with Gravity Forms.

Rob

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:51 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #11 · Gave my website some love!

Checked it out, looks nice couple of things.
1. Photo of bride walking down isle, crop out girl with funny expression on left. I find it to be distracting.
2. If I resize my window to narrow, there is background image (that shows up on the page (behind the slide show, some people on stairs). Now I see the background when I navigate but it is just quickly covered up. Consider just a pattern or something neutral.
3. Doubt anyone will read an about page that is that long. I watch my anaylitcs and people rarely go to an about page and if they do they don't spend much time there.
4. When I go to online proofing it feels like I have gone to a different website. I thought I was on Smug or Zen type ordering site when I noticed that Click Photo Studios is still you.
5. The comment about your dry cleaner on the first blog posting is a little gross. Don't think brides want to know about that.
6. Personally I think your galleries are too long and could use thumbnails. I want to quickly see the pictures I like and click on the ones I like to see them bigger.
7. Map background on contact page is a little hard to use with the contact form over top it. Then I saw the little compass on the right and it worked fine, so I think the interface is not very intuitive.

Hope that helps some. As with all reviews, this is my opinion and I'm an individual not a focus group or an expert. Take it for what it is.

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:16 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Gave my website some love!

Now I'm gonna have to get Gravity Forms. I got some ideas for it now

Jan 30, 2013 at 03:37 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password