Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom Catalogs to Capture One Pro 7?

Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom Catalogs to Capture One Pro 7?

I was a Capture One user for a while back in the day, but when Lightroom came out, I loved it (and still do), and switched over whole hog. The improvements in C1 7 look to be pretty good, and since I'm going to be getting a Fuji X100s, and C1 seems to to a pretty good job with the Fuji sensors, while LR has some issues, I've thought about getting C1 v7 at some point. I will eventually download the trial, but I'd like to save that period for when I get my X100s, to properly evaluate how LR and C1 process those files.

One big thing is, I'd really like to not have to manage two different libraries. Is there a way to import your Lightroom catalog into C1 and maintain all the ratings, keywords and titles and such?

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom Catalogs to Capture One Pro 7?

It would be nice to be able to make the translation so easily, but of course i guess neither manufacturer feels inclined to help users translate to a competing product.

I still use C1 (v5) in parallel with LR as i prefer the C1 raw conversions for some images. So I use LR for cataloging and image management and have it set up with an auto import folder. I just export from C1 into that folder as TIF and manage (and sometimes further process) the images in LR. It's not perfect, but short of having a standardised catalogue file format that both programs can use, i can't see any better way.

Jan 24, 2013 at 04:38 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.