Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

We thought our last 2012 wedding was the last weekend of November. But, right at the end of the month, we heard from a couple needing a short 5 hours of coverage 2 days before Christmas. They were referred to us by the sister & brother in law to the groom...who are both very good wedding photographers in St Louis. They just wanted to attend...good for them. Shannon wanted to decline because we were just so so tired from the year, but I told her that we could use the money for some exciting new gear! That was not appealing to her, but she reluctantly agreed. It was going to be very simple...no bridal party, tiny ceremony, reception in a nice venue, and super chill couple.

Once the day came, we were so tired. I mean...mentally and physically exhausted from the 33 weddings we had all ready done. I did not feel as up to my game and focused, so I decided to just kind of let go...do what felt right without trying to have much of a plan...even though getting ready ran over and we had even less time than we expected. I was very happy with the results. It was very dark. so we had to light almost everything, but I feel like we got some good stuff.

Mainly decided to post this as a celebration of now being completely finished with 2012 editing...just in time for our first 2013 wedding this Saturday haha. C&C always welcome.

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:50 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

Pretty solid set. Did you use any fill in #8? Otherwise #2 & 3 FTW

Jan 23, 2013 at 04:38 AM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

#2 FTW indeed! Nice set, Joel, thanks for sharing.

Jan 23, 2013 at 05:22 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

Sensational work.

Jan 23, 2013 at 06:55 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

thanks guys!

Scott Mosher wrote:
Did you use any fill in #8?

Nope...just the two lights from behind. I don't have enough 600ex's to front and rear light two people AND control it from the camera.

Jan 23, 2013 at 04:53 PM
Bearmann
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

Nice set.

Jan 23, 2013 at 05:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bill Quinn
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

Could have been a 2012 highlight slideshow by itself

Jan 23, 2013 at 09:26 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

Solid stuff for sure.
Some of the lighting and posing is a little "plain" for me but there is nothing technically wrong with the shots.
You kept it together quite well for being so tired.

Jan 24, 2013 at 07:23 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

I've never done a wedding without a wedding party. Sounds nice.

Jan 24, 2013 at 08:32 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

Really great set all around, I enjoyed it immensely. No 2 is uncommonly good. Fantastico.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
klee.007
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

What a way to end 2012... You did a phenomenal job in the dark buddy. AWESOME dude!

Keith

Jan 24, 2013 at 01:36 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Last Wedding of 2012...33 images

Thanks all!

hardlyboring wrote:
Solid stuff for sure.
Some of the lighting and posing is a little "plain" for me but there is nothing technically wrong with the shots.
You kept it together quite well for being so tired.

Yeah, posing especially is my weakest skill. Almost all of what I do is incredibly simple and...well...boring. I would like to think that I am getting better, and I do know I have improved over 2012. But, I have not grown in that nearly as much as I should have. It is just one of those things that when I am shooting, my brain focuses on environment and empties more or less when it comes to posing. With a lot of our stuff, the weak posing is compensated for (in the eyes of the layperson) with the scope and quasi-grandeur aspects of many of the images. There are not many people around us that do shots like we do, so that alone sets us apart to a great extent. But, I desperately need to improve at this, because ultimately, I feel that posing is one of the (if not the) most important skills for a non pure documentary shooter.

As for the lighting, do you mean it's boring because it's a bit flat? I could definitely get a bit more definition in some of it. Part of what holds me back at time from getting to much definition is that I want it to look more natural, but maybe that is a silly thing to dwell on. Kind of like on the other aspect, though, very few around here do any legitimate OCF stuff, so even simple things stand out to people...at the moment. Thanks for the feedback!

Jan 24, 2013 at 04:36 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password