Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · nikon d600 video producing black border around frames?

nwadventurer7
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · nikon d600 video producing black border around frames?

I am considering buying a d600 for a backup to my d800e. i read the following on a reputable web site " there is currently one serious bug that affects the uncompressed video output via HDMI the Nikon D600 outputs only 95% of the image, giving a black frame around the video (the D800 does not have this problem). If you are serious about videography, keep this in mind, since you will have to scale the video to around 105% in post-production to get rid of the black frames. Hopefully Nikon will address this issue in the next firmware release of the D600.+

i dont use hdmi output when recording wildlife...anyone know if this bug is fixed?

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Gregstx
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · nikon d600 video producing black border around frames?

I don't have a D600 but didn't you answer your own question? "i dont use hdmi output when recording wildlife." and " there is currently one serious bug that affects the uncompressed video output via HDMI." It seems like you are worried about a feature you don't intend to use. Forgive me if I am reading this wrong.

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:41 AM
nwadventurer7
• •
p.1 #3 · nikon d600 video producing black border around frames?

i may be using hdmi recording landscapes

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM
pburke
• • •
p.1 #4 · nikon d600 video producing black border around frames?

https://vimeo.com/49952287

https://vimeo.com/50199647

read all the comments

Jan 24, 2013 at 07:25 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password