Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Dual 24" or Single 27" Monitor?

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Dual 24" or Single 27" Monitor?

BWPhotos wrote:
If I tried to go back to one monitor no matter the size, I would feel like I was working with one hand tied behind my back.

How are two monitors used? Like ... what would you have on one monitor and what on the other?

Mar 29, 2013 at 03:09 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Dual 24" or Single 27" Monitor?

D. Diggler wrote:
How are two monitors used? Like ... what would you have on one monitor and what on the other?

In my case LR Develop mode have the 2nd screen going in grid mode. Edit in the main screen. Easily allows me to edit & copy/paste settings on like images.

For other stuff I'll have webstuff open on one monitor with other programs running on the 2nd monitor. The possibilities are endless!

Mar 29, 2013 at 03:12 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Dual 24" or Single 27" Monitor?

D. Diggler wrote:

Run PS with all the history, layers, actions and whatever else on one screen and a totally clean screen on the other and you will never go back! LR I don't really use the second screen but it is great for day-to-day tasks like email (type a reply while seeing the original mail on the other screen), editing your website (code on one live site on the other) or even just having windows explorer/skype up for general use.

It is a major benefit over one big screen since you don't need to rearrange windows all the time, just run ultramon and there is a button to send to the other screen. Ideally I'd have two 30" screens one in portrait and one in landscape and edit the image on whichever one is appropriate - no more rotating screens.

Mar 29, 2013 at 03:29 PM
fotojennik
• •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Dual 24" or Single 27" Monitor?

Scott Mosher wrote:
In my case LR Develop mode have the 2nd screen going in grid mode. Edit in the main screen. Easily allows me to edit & copy/paste settings on like images.

For other stuff I'll have webstuff open on one monitor with other programs running on the 2nd monitor. The possibilities are endless!

As the OP, I went with the 2x24" Dell monitors and what you said above is exactly how I use my setup. If I had to estimate, I would say I gained about 10-20% productivity. Nothing major, but it certainly does help. My custom PC is plenty fast enough to switch between modules and not lose too much time, but it is nice to have both open at the same time.

Edit: I went 24" over 27" because I much prefer the 16:10 aspect ratio of the 16:9...the little bit makes a difference

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.