Upload & Sell: Off
Just for a fun discussion, so please don't take it too seriously.
I have heard rumors about the specifications, but nothing is solid at this point. This year seems like the year that Canon should release at least one new APS-C DSLR to replace 7D, 60D or both.
If one is indeed released, what specs would you like to see the most? I currently own a 5D3 and a 6D, but I also keep a 7D for telephoto shootings. I'd be interested in the new 7D Mark II if it gets the following updates:
1. Improved sensor performance -- Obviously, better noise performance and possibly better DR.
2. AF Capability with Lens at f/8 -- That would be perfect for my use. I can then use a 1.4x with 100-400L or the like.
3. Silent Shutter Mode -- I find the silent mode of the 5D3 and 6D to be very useful and I hope the new 7D Mark II has this feature as well.
I'd take something else too, but those are my top 3. Something else is worth being mentioned though:
- AF Microadjustment at Wide & Tele Ends -- This should be a new standard though.
- Improved AF System -- Not saying the current 7D AF system is bad, but I sure hope Canon steps forward with it.
- LP-E6 Battery Pack -- Currently own 5 of these. Still want the compatibility.
- Built-in Flash -- Wifi and GPS are fun and all, but I find that built-in flash is useful in some occasions. Don't want them to get rid of it.
- Resolution -- I don't really care much whether or not they increase it.
- Continuous Shooting Speed -- I can live with 8fps, but 10fps would be awesome.
- CF + SD Slots -- It would be nice, but definitely not gonna be a deal breaker for me.
What do you think?
Edited on Jan 22, 2013 at 08:45 PM · View previous versions