Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       5       end
  

Archive 2013 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)
  
 
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


My friends,

This is a little post for the loved ones in our lives who have put up with us over the years while we engage in our ridiculous little hobby! We get up at 4AM and are gone until long after dark. Then when we get home we don't even talk much as we hurriedly off load our treasured files onto our computers. Then as the loves of our lives bring us dinner, we stare blankly into our screens and click-click-click into the wee hours of the morning. We talk mostly about photography, we buy mostly photography gear, we take calls and texts all day long from other crazy photographers about tips, locations, general nonsense, and even involve photography in every single damn vacation. If there is any group of people who deserve a tribute post to, its to the ones we see at the end of our days. To them, I say thank you with all our hearts for supporting our crazy a$$ hobby! Please feel free to share with your loved ones!!


1. Barn Owl says.... DIVE!! DIVE!!






2. Precariously perched Loggerhead Shrike!






3. Full Frame Long Eared Owl






4. Thank you Chad for the Chad Action here!






5. Double trouble with these Cedar Waxwings!






6. Hiked a mile straight up a hill for this Lazuli Bunting... ....






7. You lookin at ME?!? This is the look I get sometimes when I get home late






8. Lay in duck poop time! Poor girlfriend washes and washes all my stinky clothes. Thanks honey!






9. Traveled all the way to Ray Barlow's BIF workshop for this one!






10. Red-Headed Sapsucker






11. One of my first images from 2009! Allen's Hummingbird taken with Tim Foltz at San Joaquin!






12. So cute! Semipalmated Plover bathing.






13. Banking all the way to the bank!






14. Fergie the Ferruginous Hawk (a local celeb!)






15. Backside show from this Say's Phoebe






16. Backside-lookback from my trained Whitetail Kites!






17. Learned about low angle work this day many years ago with Ant shooting this Wood Duck.






18. Bankus Maximus!!






19. My favorite hood ornament style photograph






20.Sometimes, its the little things that make us the happiest! Crown up on this Ruby Crowned Kinglet!








Edited on Jan 22, 2013 at 06:00 PM · View previous versions



Jan 22, 2013 at 05:36 PM
mikedec
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Really see the benefit of low shooting in number 17. Very nice Wood Duck.


Jan 22, 2013 at 05:43 PM
Rob Tillyer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Super set Conrad. I second your thoughts except that I happen to be married to someone who is just as nuts as me.

Rob



Jan 22, 2013 at 05:43 PM
DonGut
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Fantastic images and a great tribute. I agree with everything you say, or at least my wife does. Yet she follows me all over the world, sometimes in rough conditions, to hold my equipment and help me get "the" shot. Thanks. Don


Jan 22, 2013 at 05:46 PM
KirkB
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)



If there was a standing ovation emoticon you'd be seeing that too.
Opener is superb and that standard is maintained all the way to the last image Conrad.
Masterful work buddy, I enjoyed every single image.

Kirk



Jan 22, 2013 at 05:48 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


mikedec wrote:
Really see the benefit of low shooting in number 17. Very nice Wood Duck.







Thank you Mike!



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Rob Tillyer wrote:
Super set Conrad. I second your thoughts except that I happen to be married to someone who is just as nuts as me.

Rob






Well you're a lucky man Rob!!!



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


DonGut wrote:
Fantastic images and a great tribute. I agree with everything you say, or at least my wife does. Yet she follows me all over the world, sometimes in rough conditions, to hold my equipment and help me get "the" shot. Thanks. Don






Another lucky man!!! Thanks Don!



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:17 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


KirkB wrote:

If there was a standing ovation emoticon you'd be seeing that too.
Opener is superb and that standard is maintained all the way to the last image Conrad.
Masterful work buddy, I enjoyed every single image.

Kirk






Happy to share Kirk!!



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:18 PM
eyelaser
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


I too am lucky to have someone who puts up with my crap...most times... but sometimes with that look
Brilliant shots and nice tribute to someone I suspect
Eric



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:22 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


eyelaser wrote:
I too am lucky to have someone who puts up with my crap...most times... but sometimes with that look
Brilliant shots and nice tribute to someone I suspect
Eric







You're absolutely right Eric



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:27 PM
AnhThinh180
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Impressive !!! Stunning series, bro...


Jan 22, 2013 at 06:33 PM
72chevelle454
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


I would kick you out in a heartbeat if I had to put up with just half of that shit you listed above Maybe its time to make her Mrs. Tan

Nice group of keepers here bro! Now go marry that woman before she leaves you for another woman

Chad





Jan 22, 2013 at 06:36 PM
Lil Judd
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Conrad

A just beautiful set. I have no top picks here - how could I?! Just stellar

Lil



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:42 PM
sritri
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Brilliant set Conrad


Jan 22, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


AnhThinh180 wrote:
Impressive !!! Stunning series, bro...







Thanks Thinh!!!



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


72chevelle454 wrote:
I would kick you out in a heartbeat if I had to put up with just half of that shit you listed above Maybe its time to make her Mrs. Tan

Nice group of keepers here bro! Now go marry that woman before she leaves you for another woman

Chad







I couldn't stop laughing Chad



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Lil Judd wrote:
Conrad

A just beautiful set. I have no top picks here - how could I?! Just stellar

Lil







Thank you kindly Lil!!



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


sritri wrote:
Brilliant set Conrad







Thank you!



Jan 22, 2013 at 06:56 PM
tfoltz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Ode to our loved ones! (20)


Great set my friend wow even got a mention from back in 2009
yes my girlfriend is an angel with me wandering around with photography on the brain all the time

-Tim



Jan 22, 2013 at 07:00 PM
1
       2       3       4       5       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       4       5       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password