New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · printing BIG

goosemang
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · printing BIG

i'd like to make some large prints, say 72" wide or so

i don't want to frame them... i just want to have them available to kind of hang as i please in a screwy fashion. i don't even know how to explain it... i just have ideas in my head.

anyways, is there a certain medium that i can print on that will stand up to being un-framed, being taken down and moved around, rolled up, unrolled, etc.? i don't want to have to be extremely careful with it.

any suggestions?

Jan 22, 2013 at 09:49 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · printing BIG

Canvas that has been coated would work. However, don't know how it would look if you don't either stretch it or glue it to a substrate before hanging on the wall.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · printing BIG

You may want to contact National Posters. They are just down the road from me. BIG printing is the size they start printing at

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
vraspa
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · printing BIG

Depending on how picky you are about print quality, you can have them printed on fabric. resolution and saturation are not quite as good as paper. I do my own on a large format printer and they work great.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · printing BIG

thanks guys

have you heard of a material you can print on that is adhesive, but can be put up, taken down, rolled up and put back up multiple times?

last year someone told me they printed on this stuff - you could basically store or ship it in a corrugated tube, unroll it and it would stick to the wall without any additional adhesives. i have no idea what it was called. i have an email out to some folks to see if i can find out what it was...

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:43 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · printing BIG

Hammy wrote:
You may want to contact National Posters. They are just down the road from me. BIG printing is the size they start printing at

this is awesome. wonder if my wife would be OK with wrapping our house...

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:46 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · printing BIG

goosemang wrote:

this is awesome. wonder if my wife would be OK with wrapping our house...

And here I thought I'd be the Master of the Universe(TM) if I had a 44" HP. WOW.

Robert

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:00 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · printing BIG

goosemang wrote:
thanks guys

have you heard of a material you can print on that is adhesive, but can be put up, taken down, rolled up and put back up multiple times?

last year someone told me they printed on this stuff - you could basically store or ship it in a corrugated tube, unroll it and it would stick to the wall without any additional adhesives. i have no idea what it was called. i have an email out to some folks to see if i can find out what it was...

There are a variety of self-adhesive substrates that you can print on---how many times the substrate remains "self-adhesive" really depends on how clean you can keep the substrate.

There are various window cling medias now available for pigmented inkjet printers, an area previously reserved for solvent printers. One of my favorite self-(re) adhesive substrates is Phototex adhesive cloth. As long as you keep the adhesive side clean, it will re-adhere with no problem.

ken

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:21 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.