Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Went to a wedding without pants

That Photog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Went to a wedding without pants

Well, not really but when I have gigs coming up I often dream that I forgot to charge all my batteries and get my gear together. Don't have weddings for a while yet but I've been working on a photo booth for my kids school winter fair and must have triggered the same dream.

Do any of you have anxiety related dreams? If so, do tell!

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:03 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Went to a wedding without pants

All the bloody time. During wedding season it near as stops the heart.

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:30 PM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Went to a wedding without pants

Yup. I have forgot to charge batteries, only brought one memory card, no lenses, brought family photo list for wrong couple...you name it. Knock on wood, nothing bad has ever happened like that haha

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:40 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Went to a wedding without pants

My bad photography dreams always involve missing key shots, not looking up in time, being late to the important events, equipment not being setup properly for the exposure, not being able to figure out how to get the right composition, etc...

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:19 PM
Steve Tinetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Went to a wedding without pants

My dream is we are at the beginning of the day and i realize something is wrong with camera. I look down to try and figure it out and when I look up, the reception is starting and I still have not taken even one shot.

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:24 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Went to a wedding without pants

Mine is mainly forgetting cards...probably because it ACTUALLY happened (well, in a way). We unknowingly had our cf card wallet stolen the night before a wedding in 2011. When we got to the bride's house, all I had was a 512mb card that was in the car. I had to shoot the first 90 minutes of the girls getting ready with a 5D2 on a tiny card...I used medium jpg and shot like i was using film. By the time my wife returned with cards, I still had 25%+ room left on the card.

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Went to a wedding without pants

I went to a commercial shoot without cards. I got there early and realized it. I luckily found an old card lying around in the car. I now have extra cards in each bag in addition to my card case.

I also went to a portrait shoot, got there and realized I only had 1 lens, my camera, a pocket wizard & 2 flashes. The family was very happy with the pics and never knew

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:58 PM
Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Went to a wedding without pants

Used to have this one before every season or batch of weddings, I'm in the middle of a wedding, moments and must have shots happening everywhere but I'm just wandering around aimlessly, grinning like an idiot and not taking a single photo. It's the realisation that I need to shoot but somehow I just don't.

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:08 PM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Went to a wedding without pants

Nope, haven't had any wedding frustration dreams. Mine still have to do with not studying for a test in high school, or forgetting my locker combination.

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:29 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Went to a wedding without pants

Awesome, great to know I'm not the only one with nervous break downs! Keep them coming.

Jan 22, 2013 at 09:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Went to a wedding without pants

Pfffft. A few months ago I ripped the crotch of my pants second shooting.

And literally - I was wearing my purple boxers with cameras on them, so I guess it was meant to be?

I recently had a nightmare about photography, but my dreams leave my memory so fast I forget what happened. I just know I woke up sick to my stomach.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Went to a wedding without pants

Note to self, get camera themed undergarments!

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:57 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Went to a wedding without pants

Knock on wood, I've never had photography nightmares like this. I do have the skipped-class-all-semester-have-to-take-the-final-exam dream on occasion.

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:11 PM
nalax

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Went to a wedding without pants

I still dream of forgetting film. which isn't as bad now as it used to be.

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:21 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Went to a wedding without pants

I make sure I'm well prepped so that I don't have such night mares

Jan 24, 2013 at 03:08 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Went to a wedding without pants

sozypozy wrote:
I make sure I'm well prepped so that I don't have such night mares

Never had a problem in real life, yet, but for some reason my subconscious thinks I have issues.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM
sealsphoto
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Went to a wedding without pants

I have never had the pre-wedding dreams, but I have had a couple of wild ones the night before a newborn session. Once I dreamed that dad wanted the shot holding the baby out with one arm, and of course in the dream dad drops baby. But instead of crying, two week old baby looks up and says 'way to go dad'. Guess I have seen one too many E-trade commercials on TV.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
jb1970
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Went to a wedding without pants

I've had plenty of dreams about forgetting cards and not charging batteries. The most recent one I didn't have any kit, but managed to get some in time for the reception.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
eephoto
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Went to a wedding without pants

I dream of coming home, plugging in my cards and finding out ALL the photos are blurry and terrible!

Every night before a wedding I have trouble sleeping, going over in my head, "don't forget the camera, Don't forget the camera!" !

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:05 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password