Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Poor selection for wedding photog.

MBMK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Poor selection for wedding photog.

D. Diggler wrote:
I don't, either.

And, besides, when everyone else is eating is when I eat. I'm not going to be standing around with my lens trained on the parents' dinner table while they're eating, waiting for them all to break out in laughter. What if they don't! While I skip my meal?!?

I have a part in my contract that says "When you eat we eat" Our clients always get a laugh at that phrase

Jan 25, 2013 at 04:02 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Poor selection for wedding photog.

MBMK wrote:
I have a part in my contract that says "When you eat we eat" Our clients always get a laugh at that phrase

You know what another shot on my Shot List was? "Bride's father whispering in his daughter's ear right before he walks her down the aisle at the ceremony." Suuurrrrre, I'll be right outside the church doors at that moment in time to get that. And if I'm hanging out at the back of the church to get this requested whisper, I hope you don't mind not having any shots of Daddy walking his Baby down the aisle - except from the back side.

And, again, what are the chances that this "whispering" will even actually occur? I bet it's more likely that it WON'T happen than that it WILL happen.

Jan 25, 2013 at 06:36 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Poor selection for wedding photog.

D. Diggler wrote:
And, again, what are the chances that this "whispering" will even actually occur? I bet it's more likely that it WON'T happen than that it WILL happen.

You know what, dude... I actually love to be back there with the bride and the father right before they go down the aisle. Then, preferably, if I can haul ass to the front... or at least have my second shooter covering that angle and then I'll get towards the front. That back angle is boring, but those moments before the walk are sometimes way better than the walk itself.

Jan 25, 2013 at 06:42 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Poor selection for wedding photog.

TTLKurtis wrote:
You know what, dude... I actually love to be back there with the bride and the father right before they go down the aisle. Then, preferably, if I can haul ass to the front.

Oh, I agree! Ideally, I would like to be back there but practically it doesn't work out for me. For one, most of my jobs are in large, conservative churches which don't permit running all around at that point in the service ... certainly not running up and down the center aisle.

Jan 25, 2013 at 07:43 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Poor selection for wedding photog.

D. Diggler wrote:
Oh, I agree! Ideally, I would like to be back there but practically it doesn't work out for me. For one, most of my jobs are in large, conservative churches which don't permit running all around at that point in the service ... certainly not running up and down the center aisle.

Typically what I try to do is have my second-shooter shooting the processional up to the bride, then before bride is about to walk if there will be time I have them pause a few extra moments so my second shooter and I can swap positions. But that's not always possible, of course, luckily I work with good second shooters so I don't worry too much about it.

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:11 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password