Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Colormunki Photo vs i1 Display Pro

cjwhitsett
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Colormunki Photo vs i1 Display Pro

Alright, FMers, I'm looking for some opinions. I've seen this topic discussed on other boards (couldn't find it discussed here), and nothing I read really convinced me either direction. Maybe you all can clarify some things.

I'm planning to purchase a monitor (Dell u2410) in the near future, and I'm not sure which calibration device will best meet my needs. I print, too, with an Epson r3000, using Cone Color Pro inks, and 3rd party papers (still experimenting to see what I like). The i1 is the superior product for monitor calibration ; the Colormunki Photo isn't so good on monitors but can create profiles. Which of the two products will yield the best match between screen and print? Better screen calibration used with paper manufacturers' own ICC profiles, or worse screen calibration with the ability to make profiles customized to my own setup (albeit with a device that isn't as good as the higher-level devices these paper manufacturers use to profile their own products)?

Thanks for your perspectives!

-Collin

Jan 21, 2013 at 05:01 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Colormunki Photo vs i1 Display Pro

The ColorMunki Photo is fine for 99% of the population. Yes, I've read the DryCreek 'test' etc etc and spectrophotometers ALWAYS do worse on the low level blacks than a good colorimeter.

I have/use a Munki Photo for calibrating iMac, NEC and creating printer profiles.

Jan 21, 2013 at 05:50 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password