Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

YairM

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

Heya guys,

I need help/recommendations for a decent Tripod head that, as topic hints, accepts the Carryspeed FS-PRO plate.
i tried adding a different QR plate under the plate but found it to be unstable (the 2 i tried would either not screw in completly or end up crooked, felt unsafe)

if possible one thats easy to work with with heavy gloves and freezing temperatures (North finland in my first chase after the aurora)

I tried searching on the subject but i guess i'm no good at searching.

would appreciate any help on the subject (even once that tell me to drop the strap... even though i kind of like it...)

edit: forgot i should mention, i use D800 with 16-35 F4 as heaviest lens (rest are primes)

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:41 PM
1KIND
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

Any arca-swiss tripod head will work. There are quite a few brands out there. Its a matter of how much you want to spend.

Jan 21, 2013 at 06:55 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

Be warned that the bigger arca heads won't fully accept the plate and so won't be able to lock in completely. This is because the plate part is not very long and ends abruptly.

Jan 21, 2013 at 09:07 PM
YairM

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

i saw these comments in the past and was good part of the reason i created this post:
vsg28 wrote:
Be warned that the bigger arca heads won't fully accept the plate and so won't be able to lock in completely. This is because the plate part is not very long and ends abruptly.

i would appreciate if anyone could recommend a specific one? i'd say my budget is around 200$ (with some flexability, i'm afraid locally it will cost more)

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

I really think you have it reversed. you are trying to base you decision of a ballhead on your plate/sling. it should be the other way around. the carryspeed plate introduces too many unnecessary variables into the mix which in the end will cause you to compromise on an important component in your support system.

I believe that sometimes the simplest things/designs are the best.

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:49 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

YairM wrote:
i saw these comments in the past and was good part of the reason i created this post:

i would appreciate if anyone could recommend a specific one? i'd say my budget is around 200$ (with some flexability, i'm afraid locally it will cost more)

Any ballhead size 2 or smaller should be fine. My Benro B1 for example takes it very nicely but my Induro BHL-3 does not.

Jan 24, 2013 at 03:29 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tripod head that works with Carryspeed plate?

sjms wrote:
I really think you have it reversed. you are trying to base you decision of a ballhead on your plate/sling. it should be the other way around. the carryspeed plate introduces too many unnecessary variables into the mix which in the end will cause you to compromise on an important component in your support system.

I believe that sometimes the simplest things/designs are the best.

Definitely agreed. I use the strap only when I do not anticipate using a tripod which is about 90% of my time anyway. If someone is a heavy tripod user, go for something that does not use the tripod socket such as the Op/Tech sling strap.

Jan 24, 2013 at 03:30 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password