Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tripod upgrade

Dee50

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Tripod upgrade

Hi all

Thinking of upgrading my tripod setup. Having looked around Iím thinking of picking up a Manfrotto 055XPROB with the 804RC2 head. Anyone have this set up? Worthy purchase or is there something else out there I ought to consider for around the same price?

Would appreciate feedback. Many thanks.

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:55 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Tripod upgrade

I wasn't all that impressed with the C-XPROB when i played with one. The horizontal-vertical switchable centre column is clever and all, but clamp/boss didn't feel all that sturdy to me. I chose to spend a few extra pennies and buy a Feisol instead.

I'm also invested in the Manfrotto RC2 system (486 RC2 ball head), but i kind of wish i wasn't. The Manfrotto heads are ok, but they aren't great and upgrading to a better head means ditching the RC2 plates completely and moving to the more generic Arca type clamps. I wish now i'd skipped the manfrotto system and gone straight to a head with an Arca type clamp.

All that said, i'm assuming you are looking at the discount bundle at Wex and for the price it does look like pretty good value to me.

Jan 21, 2013 at 08:38 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Tripod upgrade

If you start to invest in the RC2 system you will regret it later. Go for something with the Arca-Swiss type clamps from the start

Jan 22, 2013 at 01:01 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password