Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Lil Judd
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Well my CS3 (yes I know an old version of PS) seems to have a programming error (have to call Adobe about that) which I can't fix & I'm too uneducated about PS to use Chad's Action.... Well I get to ensure my whites are right from the beginning.... These are shots from about a year ago & not before presented.

Shot with the D300 & the Sigmonster 300-800mm f/5.6

Another titles could be - The Old Snowy (Man) and the Sea

I hope you will enjoy

Lil

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v85/p1390366440-5.jpg

2. Just because I love the bad feather day look

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1390366492-5.jpg

3. Since I've noticed the forum seems to nit pick on certain things - I cloned out some reflections which distracted in the bg

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v6/p1390374464-5.jpg

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v25/p1390374566-5.jpg

5. Just because it's "Shades of White" Bonaparte's Gull

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v29/p1390395990-5.jpg

6. "The Old Man & the Sea"

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v6/p1390389822-5.jpg

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1390652370-5.jpg

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v62/p1390653582-5.jpg

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v53/p1390653632-5.jpg

10. Yet not too old to have a mate

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v84/p1390656732-5.jpg

Jan 21, 2013 at 05:28 AM
John Hanon
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Hat off to you!

Jan 21, 2013 at 06:44 AM
thomas_1950
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Splendid set Lil and fantastic job with the whites! #6 is most deserving of the Old Man and the Sea title.

Jan 21, 2013 at 07:24 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

1 and 4 are super Lil and there all darn good

Morris

Jan 21, 2013 at 07:28 AM
PaulCal
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Nice set, the old man is cool, but I like them all

Jan 21, 2013 at 07:56 AM
72chevelle454
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Nice job Lil

Some are a tad hotter than I would push mine

Get your CS3 fixed and then you can check for HOT and COOL while you are processing images in PS, also the final image as well.

Chad

Jan 21, 2013 at 08:36 AM
trailhiker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Lovely shots all, Lil; excellent studies in white balance and highlights control. You and Sigmonster still make a most excellent team! And yes, we DO have to get together at least once before my Journey With Discovery begins in the middle of May. Perhaps Jose and I can meet you and Stephen out in, say, Placerita Canyon in March? Something to mull over...

Best Wishes,
Steve

Jan 21, 2013 at 08:36 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

A fine set Lil. Would love to own any of them. My only question is why are these birds wearing Pittsburgh stocking colors down in your part of the world?

Jan 21, 2013 at 08:39 AM
DonGut
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

#6 and 9. Love that wind blown look. Don

Jan 21, 2013 at 09:29 AM
Rob Tillyer
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Great looking set Lil.

Rob

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Wonderful set Lil. 1,2, 6 and 9 are my favorites of this beautiful set.

Birdie

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

A very nice set Lil. Great job on the whites too. 3 and 4 stand out for me ~ Ron

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Nice!

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM
tinyfishy
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Great series with very nice BG and composition.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM
BeeBalm
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Lil a great series!! thanks for sharing. BeeBalm

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:37 PM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

John Hanon wrote:
Hat off to you!

Thanks John

most kind

Lil

thomas_1950 wrote:
Splendid set Lil and fantastic job with the whites! #6 is most deserving of the Old Man and the Sea title.

Thank you Thomas,

glad you enjoyed

Lil

morris wrote:
1 and 4 are super Lil and there all darn good

Morris

Thank you Morris

Glad you like them

Lil

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:55 PM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

PaulCal wrote:
Nice set, the old man is cool, but I like them all

Thanks Paul,

glad you like

Lil

72chevelle454 wrote:
Nice job Lil

Some are a tad hotter than I would push mine

Get your CS3 fixed and then you can check for HOT and COOL while you are processing images in PS, also the final image as well.

Chad

Thanks Chad,

as far as I can recall they're all ok according to my histograms in both NX2 & CS3, but sometimes things happen when I set my Black & White points. With the vertigo I may not have paid enough attention. Not to mention that setting the White point in Golden Light easily destroys the Golden Light.... How to get past that .

I hope I can fix CS3. I contacted them Friday night I think on chat & I was pretty much immediately told to call them at regular hours. So I may have time to do that today, if not tomorrow..... I have my error message "Could not use (in this case) brush tool because of program error" - I hope it's an easy fix like un-install & re-install in new directory or something.... But who knows. I'm not in the mood to have to pay for a new PS version. Not in my budget right now....

Have you ever run into that message

Thanks

Lil

trailhiker wrote:
Lovely shots all, Lil; excellent studies in white balance and highlights control. You and Sigmonster still make a most excellent team! And yes, we DO have to get together at least once before my Journey With Discovery begins in the middle of May. Perhaps Jose and I can meet you and Stephen out in, say, Placerita Canyon in March? Something to mull over...

Best Wishes,
Steve

Thanks Steve,

glad you enjoyed them. These were shot in March of 2012. So I'm working with a lot of older files. I'm bored stiff.... I can't ride & going out to photograph is a pain as I can't go anywhere alone & I can't drive far. Ross has promised to take me to Malibu today for me to get out of the house. I can't sit on the computer the whole day either. So.... I'm BORED!!!!! Naboo's starting to accept I'm not doing anything with him. I presume he thinks HE won't have to work again. He's in for a surprise

Placerita Canyon is a thought or even by me if when I start riding again I see the hawks, CA Quails etc. That's 5 minutes from the house by car. March may work unless something more happens to my most irritating health of right now.

Lets talk - I know I'm scheduled to go shooting with Stephen this weekend unless something unforeseen happens...

Lil

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:13 PM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

KCollett wrote:
A fine set Lil. Would love to own any of them. My only question is why are these birds wearing Pittsburgh stocking colors down in your part of the world?

Thanks Ken,

glad you like them.

As for their colors..... Huummm don't know - I'll have to ask & see if I get an answer

Lil

DonGut wrote:
#6 and 9. Love that wind blown look. Don

Thanks Don,

thanks for your top picks - so do I - I love that wind blown look

Lil

Rob Tillyer wrote:
Great looking set Lil.

Rob

Thanks Rob

Glad you enjoyed

Lil

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:15 PM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

birdied wrote:
Wonderful set Lil. 1,2, 6 and 9 are my favorites of this beautiful set.

Birdie

Thanks Roberta

Glad you like them & thanks for the top picks

Lil

surfnron wrote:
A very nice set Lil. Great job on the whites too. 3 and 4 stand out for me ~ Ron

Thanks Ron

Glad you enjoyed them & thanks for the top picks

Lil

sritri wrote:
Nice!

Thanks Shreeni

Lil

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:18 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · When the only kind of Snowies I get are..... Or Shades of White ;)

Beautiful work with the whites Lil!
Douglas

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:22 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.