Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

marko1953
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

After using an Epson R1800 printer for a few years I have decided that I no longer really need an A3 printer. For A3 or larger I will use a commercial printer. The Epson is also getting old and starting to have some problems. Can anyone tell me their experience with a good A4 photo printer?
I would need it mainly to print promotional materials, including photos for my wedding photography business. So I would like really good quality.
I have been looking at the Epson XP-700, 800? etc any comments would be appreciated.

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:46 AM
marko1953
• • •
p.1 #2 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

Hello? anyone using a good A4 printer?

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Ferrophot
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

Don't buy the cheapest, if making multiple prints the second print and subsequent are lighter than the first.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #4 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

marko1953 wrote:
After using an Epson R1800 printer for a few years I have decided that I no longer really need an A3 printer. For A3 or larger I will use a commercial printer. The Epson is also getting old and starting to have some problems. Can anyone tell me their experience with a good A4 photo printer?
I would need it mainly to print promotional materials, including photos for my wedding photography business. So I would like really good quality.
I have been looking at the Epson XP-700, 800? etc any comments would be appreciated.

If you like the R1800 why not the R800?

Personally...I found my R800 and R1800 printers to be quite problematic...but at least they are pigment ink. But the OEM carts are silly money now...as you probably know.

Unless you are not concerned with the costs, the one thing I would do before deciding is research what quality 3rd party inks are available. I bought a Canon pro9000 because I knew I could use OCP inks with it...and am more than pleased. So I personally would have a look at Canon machines.

Jan 24, 2013 at 06:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

marko1953
• • •
p.1 #5 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

anthonygh wrote:
If you like the R1800 why not the R800?

Personally...I found my R800 and R1800 printers to be quite problematic...but at least they are pigment ink. But the OEM carts are silly money now...as you probably know.

Unless you are not concerned with the costs, the one thing I would do before deciding is research what quality 3rd party inks are available. I bought a Canon pro9000 because I knew I could use OCP inks with it...and am more than pleased. So I personally would have a look at Canon machines.

Thanks for the input. I think the R800 is just as old as the R1800 in terms of type of ink and technology. It is not listed in their latest catalogue. I am finding it harder and harder to get genuine ink for the epson. I can get it on-line I know but just seems harder lately. I had an old Canon 9500 years ago and used to re-fill my cartridges. Ended up being a nightmare with head clogging etc. Nearly went crazy trying to clean the head in ammonia or something overnight. My main bug-bear is the cost of ink these days. Are some of the CIS systems really good? Very hesitant about using non-genuine ink though.

Jan 26, 2013 at 05:38 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

If you're printing a lot consider getting a 5-ink (CYMK-K) printer. They're almost half price per print and I certainly can't tell the difference!

Jan 26, 2013 at 08:45 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #7 · Best A4 Photo Printer?

marko1953 wrote:
Thanks for the input. I think the R800 is just as old as the R1800 in terms of type of ink and technology. It is not listed in their latest catalogue. I am finding it harder and harder to get genuine ink for the epson. I can get it on-line I know but just seems harder lately. I had an old Canon 9500 years ago and used to re-fill my cartridges. Ended up being a nightmare with head clogging etc. Nearly went crazy trying to clean the head in ammonia or something overnight. My main bug-bear is the cost of
...Show more

I have used OCP ink in my Canon for two years......I had some cyan nozzles clog once......

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password