Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · LR open in Photoshop options?

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · LR open in Photoshop options?

By default, I open in photoshop in 8 bit but for certain images would like to open in 16 bit. Currently, I setup a 2nd external editor for opening in photoshop in 16 bit mode but is there a way to get it to prompt me for the specs with an alt or ctrl key?

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM
mhayes5254
• • •
p.1 #2 · LR open in Photoshop options?

Not directly, but see link.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4802789

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:50 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · LR open in Photoshop options?

mhayes5254 wrote:
Not directly, but see link.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4802789

thanks but I already mentioned I do that in my original post! I'm looking for something better. Plus, I don't want to waste an external editor preset on the same tool

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #4 · LR open in Photoshop options?

jzucker wrote:
I'm looking for something better. Plus, I don't want to waste an external editor preset on the same tool

I'm not sure how much better it can be than creating an External Editing Preset of 8 bit and 16 bit. I also don't understand the worry about "wasting" a preset. How many do you have now?

Have you noticed that if you open up the Copy File Options in the "Edit Photo with" dialog, that it stays open from photo to photo and from session to session, in effect giving you the pop-up you are apparently looking for?

All the External Editing presets automatically create an intermediate file and I know that bothers some people. Is that the issue?

How about handling it on the PS side? Just always bring the file into PS in 16-bit and set up a short-cut key to switch the mode to 8-bit.

Jan 22, 2013 at 01:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · LR open in Photoshop options?

one issue is it seems that I can only have 2 editor presets and I need more. For example, 8 and 16 bit photoshop, corel painter and perfect photo suite. Perfect photo suite doesn't work properly as a light room plugin for me but I can open a file in it as an external editor. Is there a way to configure more than 2 editors that aren't plug-ins? And no, I don't care about the external file. Thanks for your help.

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #6 · LR open in Photoshop options?

I currently have 11 external editor presets. I suppose there is some limit but I haven't hit it yet.

It sounds to me like you're not fully using the external editor preset functionality. You just configure the application, set the parameters (bit-depth, colorspace, etc.), then name and save the new preset.

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:15 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · LR open in Photoshop options?

ah, ok. Duh for me!

Thanks again!

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:23 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password