Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · ADVICE: Zuiko 24mmMC/35mmSHIFT MC for 17-55/2.8?

prashant
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ADVICE: Zuiko 24mmMC/35mmSHIFT MC for 17-55/2.8?

I have enjoyed both the Zuiko a lot and have made nice images with it. However I need an AF lens and 17-55 looks like a nice choice for Rebel. I also have 24mm TS-Ei so Zuiko Shift do not see much use. Just thought of gathering advice before the plunge.

Jan 20, 2013 at 05:44 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ADVICE: Zuiko 24mmMC/35mmSHIFT MC for 17-55/2.8?

I'm not sure but I think there is a mkII of the 17-55, the AF zoom question will get better/more of a response in the Canon forum.

Jan 20, 2013 at 06:54 PM
melcat
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ADVICE: Zuiko 24mmMC/35mmSHIFT MC for 17-55/2.8?

I have the Zuiko 24mm f/2.8 and the non-MC version of the 35mm f/2.8 and IMO either one would merit a switch to full frame. If that 24mm TS-E is the Mark II, I would say without doubt you should do that; I have that lens too. All three are sharp out to the corners when modestly stopped down. If it's the Mark I TS-E you have, it's said to be not as good, but then again the Zuiko 35mm shift does on full frame most of what the TS-E did on 1.6 crop.

Once you got that APS-C zoom you'd be locked in to APS-C. If 12Mpx is enough resolution, consider a used 5D. Then think carefully about what you need AF for: perhaps Canon's inexpensive 85mm f/1.8 would do it, or their 35mm f/2 IS. If it's for people shots, perhaps a non-DSLR would do the job and be more portable.

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:07 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.