Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My Attempt at youth soccer

morenoar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Attempt at youth soccer

I am practicing to get better and hope I kind of accomplished it with these shots. Be honest

Jan 20, 2013 at 08:21 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Attempt at youth soccer

Colors, action and framing look good. Sharpness is difficult to judge, so that's the only question. #'s 1 and 4 look sharp, 3 does not, others are less obvious.

Jan 20, 2013 at 08:48 PM
morenoar
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Attempt at youth soccer

Thank you Russ. The sharpness part is what I am having a hard time with. Don't know if it is me or my equipment. I am practicing and taking many pictures to try and figure it out

Jan 20, 2013 at 09:07 PM
schlotz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Attempt at youth soccer

The MK II can give you good sharp results. Use center focus spot only, set to AiServo, suggest putting the focus control on the back * button. Make sure you are on the subject with the * button depressed for a sec before you start to shoot. Remember that with this body on a series shoot, the first is shutter control, ie it will fire even if focus has not be achieved, the subsequent frames in the series are focus control. With the exception of the 4th frame it looks like you are using a 1.4 tc with a 70-200. Depending on the glass and tc, this combo can contribute to softer results. I would take the tc out of the equation if attempting to determine capability of getting more consistant sharp images.

Regards,
Matt

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM
morenoar
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My Attempt at youth soccer

Scholtz, thanks for your advise. I do have the 1.4 on the 70-200. I am going to shoot without it next weekend and see how it goes. The other hints you gave me, I am currently doing that. Thanks

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password