Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Hosted sites similar to Sumgmug or Zenfolio?

GillR
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hosted sites similar to Sumgmug or Zenfolio?

Of the two, I am leaning towards Zenfolio because they include a blog but what attracts me to these two is the option to use groups/collections so that I need upload a photo only once but display it in two - or more - galleries. I don't need any eCommerce options.

Can anyone suggest other options I should be considering?

Jan 20, 2013 at 07:48 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hosted sites similar to Sumgmug or Zenfolio?

GillR wrote:
Of the two, I am leaning towards Zenfolio because they include a blog but what attracts me to these two is the option to use groups/collections so that I need upload a photo only once but display it in two - or more - galleries. I don't need any eCommerce options.

Can anyone suggest other options I should be considering?

I like Zenfolio better than Smugmug these days. I switched over a while back. And yeah the groups/collections and many other little things are a big plus for Zen at this time.

I don't like that both ban wide gamut images (smugmug was particularly smug about striking down allowing users the option) so I also have a Flickr account where I can setup special wide gamut galleries. Flickr also has a much, mUCH, MUCH for active community when it comes to comments and groups and so on. You can't make any sort of nice looking page with Flickr though.

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:22 AM
GillR
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hosted sites similar to Sumgmug or Zenfolio?

Thanks skibum - I think I will definitely be going with Zenfolio.

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:32 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password