Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

StowePhoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

I am wondering if a product such as this exists: A wireless trigger that will trip the shutter, that does not need a hotshoe mounted receiver. I would like to trip the shutter from a distance, while keeping my off camera wireless flash trigger mounted to the hotshoe, so as to power a trio of off camera flashes.

Does such a product exist for the MKIII?

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:07 PM
diverhank
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

If wireless includes optical wireless, the standard RC-6 remote control works. I'm using it. I think others will work also.

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:49 PM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

I use the YN RF-602 trigger and receiver. It can hang off the remote jack on the camera and be triggered over 30 feet away. It's a pretty cheap trigger that also supports AF at half button press.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
firstgear99
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

CamRanger works with Canon 5DIII.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dedsen
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

All of them that I have even seen do not NEED a receiver mounted in the hotshoe. It is just a convenient place to store them.
Youngnuo RF 603 units have two separate circuits in them. One for shutter release and one for flash trigger. You can do both operations with just 3 transceivers. You mount one in the hotshoe and connect the supplied shutter release cable between the port on the transceiver and the camera port. You place a 2nd receiver on the foot of your flash and hold the 3rd one in your had to trigger the camera with.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:47 PM
robbymack
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

RC 6 is the answer

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM
goosemang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wireless shutter release for 5DMKIII

rc 6 has to be pointed at exactly the right spot, which stinks because that spot is on the front of your camera

you can get a radio trigger for like 35 bucks by vello that'll work from any direction

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:23 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password