Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Fearless

You should look at more direct ways of marketing

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:20 PM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Fearless

What pissed me off about Fearless is that it used to be $99 for a lifetime membership. I had planned to join and put it off because I was busy. A couple of months later after I had caught up with all my work I went back to sign up and then it was $99 a year.

It just bothers me that I would have to pay for it while so many others are not.

Jan 22, 2013 at 05:42 PM
DmitriM
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Fearless

Nathan Padgett wrote:
What pissed me off about Fearless is that it used to be $99 for a lifetime membership. I had planned to join and put it off because I was busy. A couple of months later after I had caught up with all my work I went back to sign up and then it was $99 a year.

It just bothers me that I would have to pay for it while so many others are not.

I was once charging $600 for a wedding. A year later it was $1500.

Friends of clients whose wedding I shot for $600 were pissed as they did not want to pay twice of what their friends paid for my services

Jan 22, 2013 at 06:09 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Fearless

Nathan Padgett wrote:

There are many situations like this...it is what it is. If you do not take advantage of the opportunity when it is there, you cannot really blame the company. I have had many situations like this myself. While it is frustrating, I cannot blame anyone but myself.

Jan 22, 2013 at 06:53 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Fearless

Nathan Padgett wrote:

Should have signed up when it was $99/ year.... now it is $139.

Jan 23, 2013 at 08:52 AM
imaginephotoaz
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Fearless

The point, though, as with any advertising, is one wedding pays for a few decades of membership for us, and that, aside from the camaraderie, learning, etc., makes it more than worth it for us.

We don't spend our money on any other marketing than that, and we are as busy as we can be, so for $99 a year each, our marketing budget couldn't be any more reasonable

We did Grace Ormonde in 2012. Sucked. Sure, we got to do lots of awesom stuff and got to meet lots of awesome wedding industry people, but we didnt even get a single inquiry. I think we were just too punk rock for that place. Wasn't a good match. Fearless? Right up our alley.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM
skiboarder72
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Fearless

I recently signed up on Fearless as well, I did it more for the competitions, and to get the camaraderie like other's mentioned. If I book a wedding on it... great. If not, I think it's still worth it for the competitions. There also aren't may people listed in my state (SC) which helps things out if someone is looking local.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.