Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 5D III not writing to CF card

jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 5D III not writing to CF card

I had a shoot this morning. When I got home and inserted the CF card into my reader, there were no photos. None. Zip. Nada. Luckily the SD card had the photos on it. This is a new camera for me, (I have two 5D II's that I've shot thousands of pics with) but I'm quite familiar with how the system works. I did another shoot with this same camera and card last week and everything was fine. I formatted the cards before I did this mornings shoot so I know the CF card was inserted properly.

Before I send the camera back to Canon, has anyone else experienced this issue?

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:08 PM
dcains
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · 5D III not writing to CF card

Try another card before doing anything drastic. Cards fail, but if another card exhibits the same thing, it's a good bet the problem is with the body.

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:17 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · 5D III not writing to CF card

Are you sure you did have the settings so the photos would be on both cards

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:21 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · 5D III not writing to CF card

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Are you sure you did have the settings so the photos would be on both cards

I have not changed anything since my shoot last week. But I'm pouring over the manual now.

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · 5D III not writing to CF card

dcains wrote:
Try another card before doing anything drastic. Cards fail, but if another card exhibits the same thing, it's a good bet the problem is with the body.

I reformatted the suspect card, shot some pics and it's fine now. I'm going to chalk it up to "possible user error" and do another shoot or two and see how it goes before I send the camera to Canon.

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:23 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · 5D III not writing to CF card

jcolman wrote:
I have not changed anything since my shoot last week. But I'm pouring over the manual now.

If you have it on "normal" recording with one card. Then when you remove the CF card (camera on) it will be the SD card it record to the next time. Even if you insert the CF again

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:39 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · 5D III not writing to CF card

Lars Johnsson wrote:
If you have it on "normal" recording with one card. Then when you remove the CF card (camera on) it will be the SD card it record to the next time. Even if you insert the CF again

That's probably what happened. I may have popped the CF card out and reinserted it without thinking. I now have the camera set to record to both cards. Thanks!

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:44 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · 5D III not writing to CF card

Good thing you didn't send it to Canon yet!

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:49 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password