New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sunburn for the Greedy

unclechuck
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunburn for the Greedy

Folks

Here's a seller's creative response to a stupid offer https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1182809

At least the price police who post are stupid enough to give themselves away while explaining that 70-200 2.8 II's are everywhere on the web for $899.

Ever notice these idiots are almost always new registrations or non-participants?

Maybe it's time to add to item descriptions:

PM's or emails with outrageous offers will be posted with the senders username and email address.

Sunshine can work wonders ... and maybe send greedy buyers to forums with less light ...

Jan 19, 2013 at 08:32 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunburn for the Greedy

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:48 AM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunburn for the Greedy

Haha...ha......ha.......STOP. Does the price include the dog as shown, and if it does would it be shipped separately?

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:57 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunburn for the Greedy

thanks for a great laugh, Borderlight

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunburn for the Greedy

Just for the record, this doesn't just happen for sales of photography equipment. Here is a reddit post from Craigslist that gave me a chuckle this morning (warning - strong language):

Craigslist post with pre-emptive strike

Seriously though, I think the best approach is to treat those kind of offers like Spam and ignore them.

Jan 19, 2013 at 04:28 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunburn for the Greedy

Eyeball,

that is just fantastic ABSOLUTELY the best laugh I've had all week

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunburn for the Greedy

Eyeball wrote....I think the best approach is to treat those kind of offers like Spam and ignore them.

Good point --- but that doesn't address the behavior.

With the miscreants username exposed responsible members might choose to post behind their other aggravating posts. Which would also encourage the seller while bumping that post.

At a minimum this could force the bad actor to start using another username, depleting his reserves so to speak.

But more importantly, this class of bums learn the limits by watching --- and if they see scamming FM is embarrassing and unproductive they'll move on.

Sooner the Better is the thought. (Not to worry, we may thin the herd but we'll never run out)

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Rogue416

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sunburn for the Greedy

Thanks for the chuckle unclechuck, made my day. I think we need an option to kill file these people. I love having that option in my Usenet reader. The amount of spam, trolls, and plain old idiots that I can weed out of Usenet posts is awesome; streamlines all the messages. Of course you do run the risk of kill filing legitimate posters, but I think it would work wonders for repeat offenders.

Just my two cents.

Trent

Edit: Reading in another post and someone mentioned a hide list, kinda the same thing as a kill file. Guess I need new glasses, never noticed the hide button.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.