Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Disabling "image capture" when importing CF car...

pjny
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Disabling "image capture" when importing CF cards on Mac?

Hi,

How do I turn off image capture permanently on Mac 10.8.2 so that it doesn't pop up when I plug in a new CF/SD card into the card reader?

I have clicked the "No action" tab at the bottom left but the damn thing will keep on popping up on some cards I plug into the card reader to be ingested by Photo Mechanic.

I would like image capture not to even pop up.

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:25 AM
Garry Burton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Disabling "image capture" when importing CF cards on Mac?

I'm on 10.7 something so YMMV.

Try plugging in your device as well via the USB to set the default in image capture.
The system my be having hassles with the formatting of the various cards.

I usually plug in my various devices when I first set them up/get them home and set the default I prefer in image capture while I'm checking what I can do with the new device and have had no issues.

Also try ONYX (a free download) and/or use disc utilities to repair your permissions and a second thought is if you have Adobe Bridge that MAY (yep one of those in in a million things) be interfering in the case of .cr2 files (your raw file) and telling the system to fire up image capture.
Hey, I had an issue with a client and their PDFs opening up Acrobat not matter what they did with a PDF and Bridge was the culprit.

If you don't know, open Bridge, go to preferences, go to "File Type Associations" and st the default of your raw files (assuming you're shooting raw of course). Just another fault finding idea that might help.

Cheers Gaz

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password