Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Veronica at 2

treebeard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Veronica at 2

Wow, she is growing up fast...just wants to be a big girl and battle with her brothers. She is very good at kicking a soccer ball too! Just a few shots from this afternoon.

PENTAX K-5    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD [IF] Macro lens    70mm    f/5.6    1/250s    80 ISO    0.0 EV  

PENTAX K-5    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD [IF] Macro lens    160mm    f/4.0    1/640s    80 ISO    0.0 EV  

PENTAX K-5    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD [IF] Macro lens    200mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Veronica at 2

Hi treebeard, are you interested in CC, or just sharing?

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Veronica at 2

I think I can handle C&C.

Jan 19, 2013 at 01:08 AM
neighbourboy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Veronica at 2

Cool, I wasn't sure. First off, you did a get job getting the focus right on, which of course can be tough with kids. You also seemed to do a good job keeping the green cast from the grass off her, particularly in the 2nd two, where she's close to the ground. The light was tough here, not the easiest to shoot in, with that bright sunlight. I think in number 2, you had the best location, where her face is in the shade, as opposed to the hard shadow in 1 and 3. However, it seems like 2 is also a bit underexposed. I know it sorta depends on what you want, but since she fills most of the frame, I'm thinking she's the most important part of the picture, so I'd typically expose for her face, about .5 stop high, and let everything else fall where it may. My other suggestion was to get at least one wider shot showing the environment, and maybe one of her kicking, since you mentioned that. ;-)

Thanks for sharing.

--David

Jan 19, 2013 at 02:39 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Veronica at 2

neighbourboy wrote:
Cool, I wasn't sure. First off, you did a get job getting the focus right on, which of course can be tough with kids. You also seemed to do a good job keeping the green cast from the grass off her, particularly in the 2nd two, where she's close to the ground. The light was tough here, not the easiest to shoot in, with that bright sunlight. I think in number 2, you had the best location, where her face is in the shade, as opposed to the hard shadow in 1 and 3. However, it seems like 2 is
...Show more

Thanks for the comments David. I agree on your assessment of the exposure, I will have to go back and take a look at that. It was late in the afternoon so the sun was casting heavy shadows no matter where I was on the soccer field. I will have to see if I have one of her kicking.

Jan 19, 2013 at 01:42 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password