Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Website disappeared off Google

Curtiss Bryant
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website disappeared off Google

I have a few different websites other than my main one. They are for things like seniotors, location specific, etc. They are hosted separately as well.. My main site is a showit site and was in the top 5 listings for my area with most searches I did. Most of them were #1.

I recently decided to transfer all mydomains to godaddy to make it teaser to keep track of. The main site was already there. So in order for the domains to direct to the websites, I needed to make changes to the DNS for the domain. Simple enough.

So fast forward to yesterday's and I was looking at my analytics and noticed the main site had no visitors since Friday (the day I made changes to theother domains). So I do a few searches and my site doesn't come up at all. I type the name of the site and it still doesn't come up.. Odd, so I go directly to the URL and get to a page that is from myother hosts for my other sites... so I go back to the DNS settings and notice I accidently changed them for the main site domain and not one of the secondary sites. So I changeit back, but thedamage seems to be done.

Any suggestions? I find it odd it completely disappeared because I pulled my other sites down completely for the transfer (one is still down ask redesign) and they are still listed as they were. So I have never seen a site completely disappear off listings like that.

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:09 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website disappeared off Google

It will probably take a while for the DNS snafu to flush itself out. Google has gotten really diligent about snuffing out potential scam or non-legitimate sites. I would check the status of your place page to make sure it's not pending or some other state.

I've been working with Google on a couple different things, and they've really become more human and will help resolve issues. If it persists, just send them an email through the appropriate channel.

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:58 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Website disappeared off Google

I have done a couple new URL's with GoDaddy. I use other hosting companies to host the URL bought using GoDaddy. Usually DNS server would transfer withing minutes and be 100% done in a day. The past 2 times I did the transfer and things got locked up. I had to call GoDaddy and get it fixed. It had my correct name server info showing but the transfer just did not work.

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:42 PM
Curtiss Bryant
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Website disappeared off Google

jefferies1 wrote:
I have done a couple new URL's with GoDaddy. I use other hosting companies to host the URL bought using GoDaddy. Usually DNS server would transfer withing minutes and be 100% done in a day. The past 2 times I did the transfer and things got locked up. I had to call GoDaddy and get it fixed. It had my correct name server info showing but the transfer just did not work.

It looks like everything is fixed as far as the DNS stuff goes, but its not showing up in the google searches. It shows up in Yahoo searches, but not in google. Other than the DNS snafu, I didnt make any changes or anything to the site to affect its SEO rankings. So not sure what the issue is.

Jan 18, 2013 at 08:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Website disappeared off Google

Do you have subscription to Google analytics? Did you get a warning about unusual backlinks. I have heard of some sites moving to a common host where hundreds use the same IP address and Google makes the mistake of associating tens of thousands of links to you overnight where only a handful are really yours. If they see a massive change you could have been removed.

If you want PM me the search terms you were found for in the past and I can do a search from my area and see if I get different results. Many different google servers are used for searches.

Jan 18, 2013 at 08:48 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Website disappeared off Google

It could end up taking some time for google to find the new locations.

Jan 18, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Curtiss Bryant
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Website disappeared off Google

jefferies1 wrote:
Do you have subscription to Google analytics? Did you get a warning about unusual backlinks. I have heard of some sites moving to a common host where hundreds use the same IP address and Google makes the mistake of associating tens of thousands of links to you overnight where only a handful are really yours. If they see a massive change you could have been removed.

If you want PM me the search terms you were found for in the past and I can do a search from my area and see if I get different results. Many different google
...Show more

Where would I see it on analytics. The reason I noticed it to begin with was that I saw I had no traffic the last few days. I usually get about 20 unique visitors a day, so 0 for 4 days told me to take a look.. But I dont see anything about backlinks

Jan 18, 2013 at 09:06 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password